- [S205] FreeBMD, (www.freebmd.org.uk;), birth registration of James Selman, Barnsley 9c 172, September quarter 1871 (Reliability: 3).
- [S105] 1881 Census Returns of England and Wales, General Register Office, (3 April 1881;), RG 11., RG 11/4608 f.123 p.43 (Reliability: 3).
Milton, Hoyland Nether
William Selman, Head, mar, 57, Hammer Man (Iron), Staff Bilston
Maria Selman, Wife, mar, 53, Staff Tipton
Joseph Selman, son, unm, 24, Hammer Man (Iron), Staff W Bromwich
Mary Selman, daur, unm, 22, at home, Yorks Hoyland
Henry Selman, son, unm, 20, Ironworks Laborer, Yorks Hoyland
John Selman, son, 16, Ironworks Laborer, Yorks Hoyland
Thomas Selman, son, 13, Scholar, Yorks Hoyland
George Selman, son, 10, Scholar, Yorks Hoyland
James Selman, son, 9, Scholar, Yorks Hoyland
- [S113] Civil Registration Marriage Indexes, General Register Office, (1837-;), September Quarter 1846, Aston XXI 250 (Reliability: 3).
- [S334] Marriage Certificate.
1846. Marriage solemnized at St Peter & St Pauls Church in the Parish of Aston in the County of Warwick. No.206; July 11th; William George Silman, full age, Bachelor, Labourer, Bordesley, father: William Silman, Labourer; & Maria Billingsly, minor, Spinster, Bordesley, father: Richard Billingsly, Forge Man. Married in the Parish Church of Aston according to the Rites and Ceremonies of the Established Church, after Banns by me, Thomas Farebrother Curate. This Marriage was solemnized between us, William George Silman, Maria Billingsly her x mark, in the Presence of us, John Green, Elizabeth Savage (or Lovage?) her x mark
- [S205] FreeBMD, (www.freebmd.org.uk;), marriages of James Selman and Betsy Penketh share reference Liverpool 8b 163, December quarter 1901 (Reliability: 3).