- [S104] 1871 Census Returns of England and Wales, General Register Office, (2 April 1871;), RG 10/4650 f.122 p.47 (Reliability: 3).
William Selman, Head, Mar, 46, Iron Worker, Stafford Bilston
Maria Selman, Wife, Mar, 42, Stafford Tipton
Sarah Selman, Daur, Unm, 21, Stafford Westbromwich
William Selman, Son, 16, Labourer, Stafford Westbromwich
Joseph Selman, Son, 14, Labourer, Stafford Westbromwich
Mary Selman, Daur, 12, Scholar, Yorks Hoyland
Henry Selman, Son, 10, Scholar, Yorks Hoyland
John Selman, Son, 6, Scholar, Yorks Hoyland
Maria Selman, Daur, 5, Scholar, Yorks Hoyland
Thomas Selman, Son, 3, Yorks Hoyland
George Selman, Son, 1, Yorks Hoyland
- [S105] 1881 Census Returns of England and Wales, General Register Office, (3 April 1881;), RG 11., RG 11/4608 f.123 p.43 (Reliability: 3).
Milton, Hoyland Nether
William Selman, Head, mar, 57, Hammer Man (Iron), Staff Bilston
Maria Selman, Wife, mar, 53, Staff Tipton
Joseph Selman, son, unm, 24, Hammer Man (Iron), Staff W Bromwich
Mary Selman, daur, unm, 22, at home, Yorks Hoyland
Henry Selman, son, unm, 20, Ironworks Laborer, Yorks Hoyland
John Selman, son, 16, Ironworks Laborer, Yorks Hoyland
Thomas Selman, son, 13, Scholar, Yorks Hoyland
George Selman, son, 10, Scholar, Yorks Hoyland
James Selman, son, 9, Scholar, Yorks Hoyland
- [S108] 1901 Census Returns of England and Wales, General Register Office, (31 March 1901;), RG 13., RG 13/4854 f.[?] p.26 (Reliability: 3).
16 Corn Market (Temperance Hotel), Penrith, Cumberland
Ann Moscrop, Head, S, 60, Keeper of Temperance Hotel, Own Account, At Home, Cumberland Abbey town
Robert William Daubney, Boarder, S, 40, Ironmongers Assistant, Lincolnshire Stickney
Maud Selman, Visitor, S, 20, Waitress, Yorkshire Hoyland
Thomas Selman, Visitor, S, 33, Cycle Makers Commercial Traveller, Yorkshire Hoyland
Elizabeth Parker, Serv, S, 19, General Servant (domestic), Westmorland Pooley Bridge
- [S205] FreeBMD, (www.freebmd.org.uk;), birth registration of Thomas Selman, Barnsley 9c 169, December quarter 1867 (Reliability: 3).
- [S107] 1891 Census Returns of England and Wales, General Register Office, (5 April 1891;), RG 12/2350 f.18 p.29 (Reliability: 3).
9 Poplar Rd, King's Norton, Worcestershire
Emma Sale, Head, Wid, 51, Laundress (Wash), Employed, King's Norton Worcester
Thomas Selman, Boarder, S, 23?, Brewers Clerk, Employed, Barnsley Yorks
Alfred Hands, Boarder, Wid, 28, Baker, Employed, Warwick Birmingham
- [S120] Certified Copy of an Entry of Death, General Register Office.
Registration District: Barnsley; 1898 Death in the Sub-district of Darfield in the County of York; No.213; When and where died: Twentieth December 1898, 51 George Street, Hoyland U.D.; Name and surname: Maria Selman; Sex: Feale; Age: 70 years; Occupation: Widow of William George Selman, Hammerman at Ironworks; Cause of Death: Cancer of Face 12 months, Exhaustion 12 months, Certified by William Ritchie M.D.; Signature, description and residence of informant: Thomas Selman, Son, Present at the Death, 51 George Street, Hoyland; When registered: Twenty third December 1898; Signature of registrar: John Bushby, Registrar
- [S113] Civil Registration Marriage Indexes, General Register Office, (1837-;), September Quarter 1846, Aston XXI 250 (Reliability: 3).
- [S334] Marriage Certificate.
1846. Marriage solemnized at St Peter & St Pauls Church in the Parish of Aston in the County of Warwick. No.206; July 11th; William George Silman, full age, Bachelor, Labourer, Bordesley, father: William Silman, Labourer; & Maria Billingsly, minor, Spinster, Bordesley, father: Richard Billingsly, Forge Man. Married in the Parish Church of Aston according to the Rites and Ceremonies of the Established Church, after Banns by me, Thomas Farebrother Curate. This Marriage was solemnized between us, William George Silman, Maria Billingsly her x mark, in the Presence of us, John Green, Elizabeth Savage (or Lovage?) her x mark