- [S310] Abstracts of Cranbrook Wills proved in the Diocesan Courts of Canterbury and now preserved in Kent Archives Office, Maidstone, Kent, 1396-1640, Jules de Launay, (Kent Record Collections/The Kent Archaeological Trust, 1984;), will of Laurence Sharpey, folio 332, written 30 Mch 1548, proved in the Archdeaconry Court of Canterbury 14 Sep 1552 (Reliability: 2).
To my wife Eliz., £20 one month after my dec.
EXECS: my sons Stph. & John SHARPEY, and to them, the RESIDUE of my goods.
To my son, Stph. SHARPEY, the house I dwell in & lands thereto, & the house Rich. WELLER occupies in Cranbrook parish. But my wife Eliz. shall have the house I dwell in, for life.
Also to my son Stph., the land & tenement called Haselden in Cranbrook parish.
To my dau. Cath. WELLER, 40s/yr for life, out of the lands occupied by John PERYN.
The 50 marks Wm. BRICKENDEN borrowed of me & the 40s/yr for 10 yrs interest on it, to go to the children of Rich WELLAR & Cath. his wife, equally divided, except £10 I bequeath to Laur. WELLAR when 22, then the residue of the money divided among the children of my dau. Cath. WELLAR.
To my son John SHARPYE, all lands & tenements in the parishes of Goudhurst, Marden & Horsmonden.
To my cousin Thos. SHARPEY, 20s, one month after my dec.
To my cousin John SHARPEY, 20s when 22.
To my cousin Laur. SHARPEY, 20s when 22.
To my cousin Henry SHARPEY, 20s when 22.
The above £4 to my cousins shall come from the profits of the house & lands now occupied by John PERYN. I will that my son Stph. be good to Hugh GRYFFEN all the days of his life.
- [S418] Will of Alexander Weller 1596, Alexander Weller, (written on 16 June 1596 and proved in the Prerogative Court of Canterbury on 15 July 1596, registered copy;), PROB 11/88.
- [S309] Transcript of the Parish Register of Cranbrook, Kent, burial of Larrence Weller, Clarke, Plague (Reliability: 3).
- [S310] Abstracts of Cranbrook Wills proved in the Diocesan Courts of Canterbury and now preserved in Kent Archives Office, Maidstone, Kent, 1396-1640, Jules de Launay, (Kent Record Collections/The Kent Archaeological Trust, 1984;), will no.380, proved on 24 January 1597/98 in the Archdeaconry Court of Canterbury, volume 51, folio 37 (Reliability: 3).
Will of Laurence WELLER, yeoman. Written 1597, proved 24 January 1597/98. To the poor of Cranbrook, 2/6. To my wife Sara, all my household stuff, my swine, poultry, all my butter and cheese, 2 of my best kine, my mare, half my wheat, half my oats, and half my hay. Executor: my son Alexander Weller, he to have the residue of my goods. To my wife Sara, half my messuage and lands, for life. My son Alexander shall have the other half of my messuage and lands until my youngest son is 21. Alexander shall pay my daughter Joan £3 a year for life. To my daughter Margaret, £20. To my daughter Ellen, £20. Witnesses: John Weller the Younger, Laurence Weller the Younger
- [S309] Transcript of the Parish Register of Cranbrook, Kent, marriage of Larrance Weller & Sara Holter (Reliability: 3).