- [S101] 1841 Census Returns of England and Wales, Home Office, (6 June 1841;), HO 107/732/7 f.32 p.5 (Reliability: 3).
Caroline Street, City of Westminster, Parish of St Georges Hanover
John Selman, 45, Messenger, N
Ann Selman, 40, N
Ann Selman, 19, Y
Frances Selman, 15, Y
Robert Selman, 12, Y
Catharine Selman, 10, Y
Lydia Selman, 4, Y
- [S195] International Genealogical Index, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, (www.familysearch.org;), baptism of Robert James Selman, son of John Selman and Ann, 26 Apr 1829, born 14 Dec 1828, Old Church, Saint Pancras, London (extracted from registers) (Reliability: 2).
- [S343] The Register book of marriages belonging to the Parish of St. George in the county of Middlesex, ed. John H Chapman and George J Armytage, (Harleian Society, London, 1886-1897, 4 vols;), marriage of John Selman, B, and Ann Selman, S, Licence, 20 Feb 1820 (Reliability: 3).
- [S102] 1851 Census Returns of England and Wales, Home Office, (30 March 1851;), HO 107/1477 f.223 p.54 (Reliability: 3).
15 Caroline Street, [St George Hanover Square, Middlesex]
John Selman, Head, Widower, 57, Messenger (Admiralty), Herefords, Bringew__d
Anne Selman, Daur, U, 28, at Home, Middlesex, Holborn
Robert Selman, Son, U, 22, General Clerk (Solicitor), Middlesex, St. Pancras
Lydia Selman, Daur, U, 14, at Home, Middlesex, Pimlico
- [S338] Index to Marriage Licence Allegations, Vicar-General 1694-1850, (www.britishorigins.com;), 19 Feb 1820, Selman, James (Reliability: 3).