- [S439] Will of John Stringer, (written on 9 June 1747 and proved in the Prerogative Court of Canterbury on 3 February 1747/48, registered copy;), PROB 11/760.
- [S216] The Founders of Australia: A Biographical Dictionary of the First Fleet, Mollie Gillen, (Library of Australian History, published by subscription 1989, entry for Henry Lidgbird Ball, pp.18-21;).
- [S6] London, England, Baptisms, Marriages & Burials 1538-1812, Ancestry.com, (online database linked to digital images of records from the London Metropolitan Archives and Guildhall Library, 2010;), Baptiz'd 1733 8ber. 17. Stringer. Lucy-Weller of John & Mary. (Reliability: 3).
- [S23] County genealogies : pedigrees of the families of the county of Kent, collected from the heraldic visitations and other authentic manuscripts in the British Museum, and in the possession of private individuals, and from the information of the present resident families, William Berry (1774-1851), (London : Sherwood, Gilbert and Piper, 1830;), pp.46-47 (Reliability: 2).
- [S26] Boyd's Marriage Index, (www.britishorigins.com;), marriage of Jn Stringer and Mary Weller, Westminster (St Mary le Strand), Middlesex, 1728 (Reliability: 2).