- [S325] Lansdell, Abbott & Nelson Genealogical Data, K.L. Watson, (1988;), Lansdell Genealogical Tree: The Families of Kent, Sussex and South London, including reference to emigrants to Canada and the USA, data compiled 1958-1970 (Reliability: 2).
- [S102] 1851 Census Returns of England and Wales, Home Office, (30 March 1851;), HO 107/1620 f.68 p.27 (Reliability: 3).
Bull Farm, Rolvenden
Richard Smith, Head, Mar, 43, Farmer (of 150 acres employing 5 Labourers), Kent; Rolvenden
Mary Smith, Wife, Mar, 38, Kent; Rolvenden
Richard Smith, Son, 5, Scholar, Kent; Rolvenden
Sidney Smith, Son, 3, Scholar, Kent; Rolvenden
Thomas Boniface, Servant, U, 25[?], Farm Labourer, Sussex; Beeding
Eliza Clout, Servant, U, 24, House Servant, Kent; Benenden
- [S318] Churchyard Monumental Inscriptions - Rolvenden, Kent, Leland L Duncan, (Kent Archaeological Society (http://www.kentarchaeology.org.uk/Research/Libr/MIs/MIsRolvenden/01.htm);).
Mary wife of Richard SMITH died 14 July 1881 aged 67. Richard Smith of this parish died September 5 1853 aged 45. Left surviving 3 children Richard-George, Sidney and Elizabeth.
- [S103] 1861 Census Returns of England and Wales, General Register Office, (7 April 1861;), RG 9., RG 9/509 f.88 p.20 (Reliability: 3).
Bull Farm House, Rolvenden
Mary Smith, Head, Wid, 45, Farmer of 121 acres employing 8 men & 1 boy, Kent Benenden
Elizabeth A Smith, Daur, 9, Scholar, Kent Rolvenden
Sarah Bryant, Serv:, Un, 23, General Servant, Kent Rolvenden
- [S304] Parish Registers - Vol 3, Incorporating the Mary Wigan Transcripts, The Kent Family History Society, (KFHS CD-ROM 12, including Benenden (C 1558-1906, M 1578-1836, B 1558-1906), Cranbrook (C 1559-1812, M 1559-1837, B 1559-1812) and Rolvenden (C 1558-1840, M 1558-1840, B 1558-1840);), baptism of Mary Landsell, daughter of William & Elizabeth (Reliability: 2).
- [S385] Sussex Marriage Index 1538-1837, Sussex Family History Group, (2004;), marriage of William Lansdell bach and Elizabeth Goble sp botp (B), 20 Sep 1808, Brighton, Sussex (Reliability: 2).
- [S113] Civil Registration Marriage Indexes, General Register Office, (1837-;), marriages of Richard Smith and Mary Lansdell share reference Cranbrook 5 105, March quarter 1844 (Reliability: 3).