- [S104] 1871 Census Returns of England and Wales, General Register Office, (2 April 1871;), RG 10/3972 f.63 p.24 (Reliability: 3).
65 Bold St, Stretford
Sarah Brunt, Head, W, 65, Embroideress, Sumerset Bath
Agnes Mather, Boarder, Unm, 31, Embroideress, Lancashire Liverpool
67 Bold St
Susan Mather, Head, W, 70, Embroideress, Kent Maidstone
Sarah Seager, Sister, Unm, 66, Teacher of Drawing watercolours, Kent Maidstone
Johanna E Parkinson, Daug, Mar, 28, Lancashire Manchester
William L Parkinson, Son in Law, Mar, 32, Salesman Straws & Firs, Scotland
James G Parkinson, Grandson, 1mo, Lancashire Manchester
- [S102] 1851 Census Returns of England and Wales, Home Office, (30 March 1851;), HO 107/2232 f.22 p.36 (Reliability: 3).
Moreton St 30, Township of Cheetham, Borough of Manchester
John Mather, head, mar, 47, Attorney & Solicitor, Lancash. Warrington
Susannah Mather, wife, mar, 50, Kent Maidstone
Frances Mather, daur, U, 15, Lancash Liv'pool
Sarah E. Mather, daur, U, 11, Lancash Liv'pool
Joanna E. Mather, daur, U, 9, Lancash Manch
Bridget Costello, serv, U, 21, house serv., Ireland
- [S105] 1881 Census Returns of England and Wales, General Register Office, (3 April 1881;), RG 11., RG 11/3650 f.109 p.10 (Reliability: 3).
38 Moss Grove, Toxteth Park
Walter Ellis, Head, Mar, 46, Officer County Court, Lancashire Manchester
Agnes Ellis, Wife, Mar, 45, Lancashire Liverpool
- [S101] 1841 Census Returns of England and Wales, Home Office, (6 June 1841;), HO 107/573/14 f.42 pp.30-31 (Reliability: 3).
St. Anns Place, Manchester
John Mather, 30, Dealer in Rugg[?] (work), Y
Susan Mather, 40, N
John Mather, 13, Painter Ap, N
William Mather, 11, Y
Charles Mather, 7, Y
Frances Mather, 5, Y
Sarah Mather, 1, Y
Charlotte Brady, 15, F S, Y
Catherine Elliosa, 15, F S, Y
- [S205] FreeBMD, (www.freebmd.org.uk;), death registration of Agnes S Ellis, 80, Chorlton 8c 734, June quarter 1916 (Reliability: 2).
- [S328] Liverpool Mercury etc, (available as part of the British Library's British Newspapers 1600-1900 website - http://access.gale.com;), Friday, November 2, 1827 (Reliability: 2).
On Wednesday, the 24th ult. at St. Philip's Church, Mr. John Mather to Miss Seager.
- [S205] FreeBMD, (www.freebmd.org.uk;), marriages of Walter Edward E Ellis and Agnes Stratford Mather share reference Altrincham 8a 302, September quarter 1877 (Reliability: 2).