- [S102] 1851 Census Returns of England and Wales, Home Office, (30 March 1851;), HO 107/1477 f.223 p.54 (Reliability: 3).
15 Caroline Street, [St George Hanover Square, Middlesex]
John Selman, Head, Widower, 57, Messenger (Admiralty), Herefords, Bringew__d
Anne Selman, Daur, U, 28, at Home, Middlesex, Holborn
Robert Selman, Son, U, 22, General Clerk (Solicitor), Middlesex, St. Pancras
Lydia Selman, Daur, U, 14, at Home, Middlesex, Pimlico
- [S218] Leintwardine, Herefordshire - Parish Register, 1793 Jul 23, bap, John son of Francis & Jane Salmon, Brakes (Reliability: 3).
- [S101] 1841 Census Returns of England and Wales, Home Office, (6 June 1841;), HO 107/732/7 f.32 p.5 (Reliability: 3).
Caroline Street, City of Westminster, Parish of St Georges Hanover
John Selman, 45, Messenger, N
Ann Selman, 40, N
Ann Selman, 19, Y
Frances Selman, 15, Y
Robert Selman, 12, Y
Catharine Selman, 10, Y
Lydia Selman, 4, Y
- [S480] GRO Online Index, General Register Office, death of John Selman, 64, December quarter 1857, St George Hanover Square 1a 163.
- [S217] Burrington, Herefordshire - Parish Register, (CB 1541-1812, M 1541-1836;), Mf 2053.
Francis Salmon of the Parish of Leintwardine in the County of Hereford and Jane Davies of the Parish of Burrington in the same County were married in this church by licence this sixth day of May in the year 1786 by me Richd Pryce Curate Signed by Francis Selman, The MaXrk of Jane Davies. In the presence of William Willings, George Haynes.
- [S338] Index to Marriage Licence Allegations, Vicar-General 1694-1850, (www.britishorigins.com;), 19 Feb 1820, Selman, James (Reliability: 3).
- [S343] The Register book of marriages belonging to the Parish of St. George in the county of Middlesex, ed. John H Chapman and George J Armytage, (Harleian Society, London, 1886-1897, 4 vols;), marriage of John Selman, B, and Ann Selman, S, Licence, 20 Feb 1820 (Reliability: 3).