- [S106] 1881 British Census and National Index, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, (1999 (CD-ROM), 2002 (Website - www.familysearch.org);), RG 11/1805 f.50 p.22 (Reliability: 3).
Mill Road Houses, Finchingfield, Essex
William BROYD, Head, M, Male, 43, Finchyfield, Essex, England, Ag Lab
Sarah BROYD, Wife, M, Female, 52, Finchyfield, Essex, England, Straw Plaiter
Emma BROYD, Daur, Female, 23, Finchyfield, Essex, England, Straw Plaiter
John BROYD, Son, Male, 20, Finchyfield, Essex, England, Blacksmith
George BROYD, Son, Male, 18, Finchyfield, Essex, England, Bakers Boy
Harriett BROYD, Daur, Female, 15, Finchyfield, Essex, England, Straw Plaiter
Ellen BROYD, Daur, Female, 12, Finchyfield, Essex, England, Straw Plaiter
Fredk. BROYD, Gran Son, Male, 2, Finchyfield, Essex, England
- [S156] Finchingfield, Essex - Parish Registers.
marriage by banns of William Broad, 22, Bachelor, Labourer, Finchingfield, father: John Broad, Labourer; & Sarah Ager, 32, Spinster, Finchingfield, father: George Ager, Deceased; both made their mark; witnessed by Samuel Dawson, Sarah Broad (x), 3 Decr 1859
- [S205] FreeBMD, (www.freebmd.org.uk;), birth registration of William Brord, Braintree 12 21, December quarter 1837 (Reliability: 2).
- [S25] Certified Copy of an Entry of Birth, General Register Office.
Registration District: Braintree. 1837 Birth in the Sub-district of Finchingfield in the County of Essex. No.53. When and where born: October 1st Finchingfield. Name: William. Sex: Male. Name of father: John Broid. Name of mother: Mary Broid formerly Bye. Occupation of father: Labourer. Informant: The mark of Mary Broid, Mother, Finchingfield. When registered: November 9th. Registrar: Charles Crawley.
- [S156] Finchingfield, Essex - Parish Registers, baptism of William Son of John & Mary Broad of F, Labourer, 29 October 1837 (Reliability: 3).
- [S101] 1841 Census Returns of England and Wales, Home Office, (6 June 1841;), HO 107/331/17 f.16 p.26 (Reliability: 3).
John Broad, 30, Ag Lab, Y
Mary Broad, 35, Y
Susan Broad, 8, Y
Jane Broad, 7, Y
William Broad, 4, Y
Sarah Broad, 1, Y
- [S102] 1851 Census Returns of England and Wales, Home Office, (30 March 1851;), HO 107/1785 f.68 p.17 (Reliability: 3).
John Broid, Head, Mar, 45, Farm Laborer, Essex Finchingfield
Mary Broid, Wife, Mar, 46, Essex Hempstead
Jane Broid, Daur, U, 18, Straw Plaiter, Essex Finchingfield
William Broid, Son, 12, Straw Plaiter, Essex Finchingfield
Sarah Broid, Daur, 10, Straw Plaiter, Essex Finchingfield
Joshua Broid, Son, 8, Scholar, Essex Finchingfield
Harriett Broid, Daur, 3, Essex Finchingfield
- [S334] Marriage Certificate.
5th August 1882, Parish Church, Finchingfield, Essex, after banns, marriage of John Broad, age 22, Bachelor, Labourer, Finchingfield, son of William Broad, Labourer, and Sarah Prayle [sic], age 22, Spinster, Finchingfield [no father's name given]. Bride and groom signed with a mark. The marriage was witnessed by Sarah Wiffen (who also signed with a mark) and Wm Coates
- [S156] Finchingfield, Essex - Parish Registers, baptism of John, son of William and Sarah Broad, F, Labourer, 14 July 1861 (Reliability: 3).
- [S205] FreeBMD, (www.freebmd.org.uk;), death registration of William Broyd, 57, Braintree 4a 489, March quarter 1892 (Reliability: 2).
- [S156] Finchingfield, Essex - Parish Registers, burial of William Broyd, of Finchingfield, Jan 26 1892, 57 years (Reliability: 3).
- [S179] Register of marriages, 1813-1837, St Andrew, Hempstead, Essex, (Essex Record Office D/P 314/1/8 - available online as digital images (SEAX);), D/P 18/1/6., p.31, no.93 (Reliability: 3).
Marriages solemnized in the Parish of Hempstead in the County of Essex in the Year 1828
John Broad of this Parish Bachelor and Mary Bye of this Parish Spinster were married in this Church by Banns this third Day of October in the Year One thousand eight hundred and twenty eight
By me Wm. Robt. Skilton, Curate
This Marriage was solemnized between us, John Broad X his Mark, Mary Bye X her Mark
In the Presence of George Moore, Rebekah Hills, Joseph Surridge