- [S107] 1891 Census Returns of England and Wales, General Register Office, (5 April 1891;), RG 12/3858 f.97 p.54 (Reliability: 3).
8 Whitleather Alley, Conisbrough, York, West Riding (3 rooms)
Thomas Whitlow, Hd, S, 66, General Labourer, Employed, Yorks Wakefield
Richard Horton, Lodger, M, 44, Baker, Employed, Rutland Seaton
Mary E. Horton, Lodger, M, 44, Lincs Stamford
May Davis, Lodger, 7, Scholar, Yorks Sheffield
- [S244] Information from George Selman.
- [S108] 1901 Census Returns of England and Wales, General Register Office, (31 March 1901;), RG 13., RG 13/4406 f.53 p.2 sched.7 (Reliability: 3).
High St, Conisbro, York West Riding
Robert Craik, Head, M, 38, Surgeon in general practice, Scotland
Eliza Craik, Wife, M, 38, Dorset Wareham
James Forster, Partner, S, 41, Surgeon in general practice, Co Durham West Stanley
Clara Mullins, Serv, S, 23, Domestic cook, Yorkshire Consibro
May Orton, Serv, S, 17, Domestic Housemaid, Yorkshire Sheffield
- [S109] 1911 Census Returns of England and Wales, General Register Office, (2 April 1911;), RG 14., RG 14/28160 s.272 (Reliability: 3).
Signature: Mary Simpson
Postal Address: Conisbro Near Rotherham (4 rooms)
Mary Simpson, Head, 72, Widow, Clifton Yorks
William Westran Simpson, Grandson, 29, Married, 9 years married [struck through], 2 children born, 2 children still alive, Groom (Domestic), Conisbro Yorks
Mary Simpson, Wife, 27, Married, 9 years married, Sheffield Yorks
Arthur Simpson, Son, 8, School, Conisbro Yorks
Dorothy Mary Simpson, Daughter, 2, Conisbro Yorks
- [S112] Civil Registration Death Indexes 1837-, General Register Office, death of May Simpson, 70, June quarter 1954, Chesterfield 3a 158 (Reliability: 3).
- [S205] FreeBMD, (www.freebmd.org.uk;), marriages of Richard Orton and Mary Elizabeth Henson share reference Stamford 7a 429, March quarter 1872 (Reliability: 2).
- [S113] Civil Registration Marriage Indexes, General Register Office, (1837-;), Jun 1901, Doncaster 9c 1337 (Reliability: 3).
- [S334] Marriage Certificate.