- [S101] 1841 Census Returns of England and Wales, Home Office, (6 June 1841;), HO 107/465/10 f.5 p.3 (Reliability: 3).
Bridge Street, Bridge
Charles Davis, 50, P, N
Frances Davis, 45, Y
Sarah Davis, 20, N
Anne Davis, 20, N
Charles Davis, 11, Y
Eliza Davis, 13, Y
John Davis, 10, Y
Jane Davis, 5, Y
- [S106] 1881 British Census and National Index, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, (1999 (CD-ROM), 2002 (Website - www.familysearch.org);), RG 11/1143 f.51 p.28 (Reliability: 3).
6 Charlton Ter, Portsea, Hampshire
Charles DAVIS, Head, M, Male, 51, Bridge, Kent, England, Draper
Emma DAVIS, Wife, M, Female, 49, Hastings, Sussex, England
Fanny DAVIS, Daur, U, Female, 17, Boughton, Kent, England, Pupil Teacher (School Mistress)
Fredrick DAVIS, Son, U, Male, 16, Boughton, Kent, England, Pupil Teacher School Master
Mary HARROWAY, Visitor, U, Female, 76, Brixton, Surrey, England, Annuitant
- [S104] 1871 Census Returns of England and Wales, General Register Office, (2 April 1871;), RG 10/1127 f.17 p.27 (Reliability: 3).
133. Commercial Rd, Portsmouth
Charles Davis, Head, Mar, 41, Drapers Assistant, Kent Bridge
Emma O. Davis, Wife, Mar, 39, Sussex Hastings
Fanny S. Davis, Daur, 7, Scholar, Kent Boughton Under Blean
Charles F. Davis, Son, 6, Scholar, Kent Boughton Under Blean
Sarah Knight, Serv, 16, General Serv Domestic, Hants Portsmouth
Jane Hunt, Assistant, Unm, 20, Assistant, Peckham Surry
Julia M. Baker, Assistant, Unm, 19, Assistant, Deal Kent
Rosina E. Knight, Assistant, Unm, 25, Assistant, Southsea Hants
Annie Gibbons, Assistant, Unm, 25, Assistant, Tavistock Devon
Hekigabth A. Duckering, Assistant, Unm, 29, Assistant, Keet Lincoln
Emma Hammonds, Assistant, Unm, 20, Assistant, Hants Gosport
- [S205] FreeBMD, (www.freebmd.org.uk;), death of Charles Davis, 68, Portsea 2b 251, June quarter 1898 (Reliability: 2).
- [S205] FreeBMD, (www.freebmd.org.uk;), marriages of Charles Davis and Emma Simmons share reference Hastings 2b 51, June quarter 1863 (Reliability: 2).