- [S195] International Genealogical Index, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, (www.familysearch.org;), marriage of Thomas John Whitcroft and Frances Millard, 22 Jan 1823, St Mary, Hitchin, Hertford (extracted from registers) (Reliability: 2).
- [S102] 1851 Census Returns of England and Wales, Home Office, (30 March 1851;), HO 107/1757 f.671 p.34 (Reliability: 3).
Hitchin road, Luton
Thomas John Whitcroft, Head, Ma, 53, Boot & Shoe Maker, Cornwall Pensance
Frances Whitcroft, Wife, -, 49, Straw Plaiter, Herts Wheathamstead
Mary Whitcroft, Dau, U M, 18, Straw Bonnet Sewer, Herts Wheathamstead
Frances Whitcroft, Dau, U M, 15, Straw Bonnet Sewer, Herts Hatfield
Eliza Whitcroft, Dau, 13, Servant, Herts Hatfield
Jane Whitcroft, Dau, 12, Servant, Herts Hatfield
George Whitcroft, Son, 11, School, Herts Hatfield
Emily Whitcroft, Dau, 9, Sewer of Bonnetts, Herts Hatfield
Ellen Whitcroft, Dau, 8, School, Herts Hatfield
Amey Whitcroft, Dau, 6, School, Herts Hatfield
- [S205] FreeBMD, (www.freebmd.org.uk;), death registration of Thomas John Whitcroft, 71, Luton 3b 274, December quarter 1869 (Reliability: 2).
- [S103] 1861 Census Returns of England and Wales, General Register Office, (7 April 1861;), RG 9., RG 9/1014 f.135 p.40 (Reliability: 3).
York Street, Luton
Thomas Whitcroft, Head, Mar, 62, Straw Plait dealer, Cornwall Penzance
Frances, Wife, Mar, 59, Herts Wheathampsted
Emily, daur, Un, 20, Straw Bonnett Sewer, Herts Hatfield
Amy, daur, 16, Straw Bonnett Sewer, Herts Hatfield
Edwin W Bennett, G: daur [sic], 7 [m], Scholar, Middlesex Tottenham
- [S101] 1841 Census Returns of England and Wales, Home Office, (6 June 1841;), HO 107/436/11 f.25 p.5 (Reliability: 3).
Cromer Hyde, Hatfield
Thos Whitcroft, 40, Shop Keeper, N
Frances Whitcroft, 35, Y
Mary Whitcroft, 9, Y
Elizabeth Whitcroft, 7, Y
Frances Whitcroft, 5, Y
Eliza Whitcroft, 4, Y
Jane Whitcroft, 3, Y
Emily Whitcroft, 5, Y
George Whitcroft, 18 months, Y