- [S457] Will of William Duke, (written on 24 February 1821, with two codicils dated 22 June 1824 and 20 September 1824, and proved in the Prerogative Court of Canterbury on 20 December 1825, registered copy;), PROB 11/1706.
- [S192] FamilyHistoryOnline - Pay-per-view databases for England and Wales, Federation of Family History Societies, (www.familyhistoryonline.net;), Sussex Baptism Index: baptism of George Duke, s William & Jane Duke, 20/04/1803, Battle St Mary (Reliability: 2).
- [S101] 1841 Census Returns of England and Wales, Home Office, (6 June 1841;), HO 107/1107/4 ff.29-30 pp.23-24 (Reliability: 3).
Upper Lane, Saint Clements, Hastings
George Duke, 40, Barrister, Y
Emma Duke, 30, N
Ann Stubberfield, 20, F.S., Y
Martha Winchester, 20, F.S., Y
Mary Smith, 50, F.S., N
- [S385] Sussex Marriage Index 1538-1837, Sussex Family History Group, (2004;), marriage of William Duke of Battle & Jane Worge, (lic), 7 Nov 1801, Penhurst East Sussex (Reliability: 2).
- [S385] Sussex Marriage Index 1538-1837, Sussex Family History Group, (2004;), marriage of George Duke Esq., St Clement Hastings, & Emma Kirby, sp otp (lic), 10 Aug 1829, Tonbridge, Kent (Reliability: 2).