- [S325] Lansdell, Abbott & Nelson Genealogical Data, K.L. Watson, (1988;), Lansdell Genealogical Tree: The Families of Kent, Sussex and South London, including reference to emigrants to Canada and the USA, data compiled 1958-1970 (Reliability: 2).
- [S103] 1861 Census Returns of England and Wales, General Register Office, (7 April 1861;), RG 9., RG 9/568 f.162 p.18 (Reliability: 3).
Lower Street, Ninfield
James Holland, Head, Wid, 77, Farmer of 20 acres em 2 Men 1 Boy, Sussex Ninfield
James Holland, Son, Mar, 46, Grocer & Draper emp 3 Men, Sussex Ninfield
Frances Holland, Sons Wife, Mar, 29, Sussex Lamberhurst
Marshal Holland, Gran Son, 4, Sussex Ninfield
Sarah Holland, Gran Daur, 3, Sussex Ninfield
Sarah Elphick, Serv, Un, 18, House Ser, Sussex Hove
- [S192] FamilyHistoryOnline - Pay-per-view databases for England and Wales, Federation of Family History Societies, (www.familyhistoryonline.net;), Sussex Burials: James Holland, 14 Jan 1870, age 86y, Ninfield St Mary SSX (Reliability: 2).
- [S195] International Genealogical Index, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, (www.familysearch.org;), baptism of James Holland, son of Richard Holland and Mary, 31 May 1783, Ninfield, Sussex (extracted from registers) (Reliability: 2).
- [S389] Transcript and Index to Bexhill Parish Registers 1558-1837, Compiled by members of the Society of Genealogists, (1972-73;), SX/R31 & R32., marriage of James Hollands of Ninfield and Anne Lansdile, by licence (Reliability: 2).
- [S385] Sussex Marriage Index 1538-1837, Sussex Family History Group, (2004;), marriage of James Hollands, widr Ninfield, & Sarah Filmer, sp otp, (lic), 31 Jan 1830, St Swithin, London (Reliability: 2).