- [S301] Jane Austen: a family record, Deirdre Le Faye, (Cambridge University Press, 2004;), p.2 (Reliability: 2).
- [S28] British Isles Vital Records Index, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, (Second Edition, 2001;), baptism of Francis Mottley Austin, son of Francis Austin and Ann, 11 Nov 1747, Beckenham, Kent (BTs) (Reliability: 2).
- [S429] Will, Francis Austen, (written on 20 June 1789, with a codicil dated 2 December 1790, and proved in the Prerogative Court of Canterbury on 6 July 1791, registered copy;), PROB 11/1206.
- [S369] Plantagenet Roll of the Blood Royal Being A Complete Table of All the Descendants Now Living of Edward III, King of England, Melville Henry Massue, Marquis de Ruvigny et Raineval (1868-1921), (London: T.C. & E. C. Jack, 1905-11, scanned original pages on www.ancestry.co.uk, 2002;), pp.512-518, Descendants of William Campion of Combwell Priory, Kent and Danny, Sussex (Reliability: 1).
- [S337] Index to Marriage Licence Allegations, Faculty Office 1701-1850, (www.britishorigins.com;), marriage licence of Francis Austen and Ann Motley, 19 Dec 1746 (Reliability: 2).
- [S195] International Genealogical Index, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, (www.familysearch.org;), marriage of Francis Motley Austen and Elizabeth Wilson, 11 Jun 1772, Saint Anne Soho, Westminster, London (extracted from registers) (Reliability: 2).