- [S301] Jane Austen: a family record, Deirdre Le Faye, (Cambridge University Press, 2004;), p.2 (Reliability: 2).
- [S28] British Isles Vital Records Index, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, (Second Edition, 2001;), baptism of Elizabeth Austin, daughter of John Austin and Elizabeth, Jun 1695, Horsemonden, Kent (Reliability: 2).
- [S429] Will, Francis Austen, (written on 20 June 1789, with a codicil dated 2 December 1790, and proved in the Prerogative Court of Canterbury on 6 July 1791, registered copy;), PROB 11/1206.
- [S1] A goodly heritage: a history of Jane Austen's family, George Holbert Tucker, (Carcanet New Press, Manchester, 1983;), p.19 (Reliability: 2).
- [S285] Information from Richard Weller, given on website http://www.trump.net.au/~austen/Weller.htm, "19 Jan 1693/4 Marriage of Mr John AUSTEN of Horsmonden and Elizabeth WELLER. [Tonbridge PRs.]" (Reliability: 1).
- [S26] Boyd's Marriage Index, (www.britishorigins.com;), marriage of Geo Hooper and Elz Austin, Holborn (Gray's Inn Chapel), Middlesex, 1722 (Reliability: 2).