- [S420] Will, Arabella Proby, (written on 25 October 1839 and proved in the Prerogative Court of Canterbury on 3 February 1842, registered copy;), PROB 11/1958.
- [S195] International Genealogical Index, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, (www.familysearch.org;), marriage of Archibald Elijah Impey and Sarah Proby, 4 Oct 1800, Stratford St Mary, Suffolk (extracted from registers) (Reliability: 2).
- [S355] The Record of Old Westminsters, G. F. Russell Barker and Alan H. Stenning, (Volumes I-II. London: Chiswick Press, 1928, available in digitised format from Ancestry.com as Old Westminsters, up to 1927;), p.501 (Reliability: 2).
Impey, Archibald Elijah, natural son of Sir Elijah Impey [q.v.]; b. ; adm. July 13, 1772; K.S. (aged 12) 1778; subsequently went to Blundell's School, Tiverton; Trin. Coll. Camb. (adm. pensr. Oct. 28, 1782, scholar 1785); B.A. 1787; M.A. 1791; adm. to the Inner Temple 1784, called to the bar 1788; Bencher 1830; aided his father in his defence at the bar of the House of Commons 1788; became a Commissioner of Bankrupts; was appointed one of the three Commissioners for settling the British claims on France under the Treaty of Paris in 1814; collected materials for a life of Warren Hastings [q.v.], which were utilized by George Robert Gleig in his "Life of Warren Hastings" published in 1841; m. Oct. 4, 1800, Sarah, daughter of the Rev. C.N. Proby; d. July 9, 1831
- [S126] Impey, Sir Elijah (1732–1809), T H Bowyer, (Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Oxford University Press, 2004 [http://www.oxforddnb.com/view/article/14371, accessed 3 May 2007];).
- [S195] International Genealogical Index, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, (www.familysearch.org;), christening of Archibald Elijah Impey, son of Elijah and Elizabeth, 23 Apr 1766, St Dunstan-in-the-West, London, born 9 Mar 1766 (extracted from registers) (Reliability: 2).