- [S420] Will, Arabella Proby, (written on 25 October 1839 and proved in the Prerogative Court of Canterbury on 3 February 1842, registered copy;), PROB 11/1958.
- [S195] International Genealogical Index, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, (www.familysearch.org;), baptism of Latitia Proby, daughter of N.C. Proby and Arabella, 15 Jun 1779, Monks Eleigh, Suffolk (extracted from registers) (Reliability: 2).
- [S341] Journal of the Association for the Preservation of the Memorials of the Dead in Ireland, Vol. 10, (Dublin, 1917-1920;), p.256 (Reliability: 2).
Co. Wicklow, Powerscourt Old Churchyard (from the Rev R S Maffett BA)
...a very large round space, comprising the "south-east" corner of the churchyard, is marked off by railing in which there is no entrance gate. Inside, a large limestone slab, facing south-east, rests on supports, the ground underneath being flagged with granite; there are also some shrubs and a tall tree. The inscription has names, etc., in capitals:-
Sacred to the Memory of
LÆTITIA de MONTMORENCY:
the beloved Wife of
REYMOND HERVEY de MONTMORENCY,
H: M: Regt of YORK HUSSARS,
(Daughter of the Revd N: C: PROBY of
Boughton, Cheshire,) and their Children.
Nat: 19: Mai: 1780. Nupt: Oct: 1801. Ob: 11: Aug: 1821.
Vale, dilectissima Lætitia! vale, dilectissima
mulierum; et nos ama, ut dixisti, in sepulchro.
REYMOND HERVEY de MONTMORENCY
Nat: 14: Oct: 1805. Ob: 31: Mar: 1806.
WILLIAM RYVES de MONTMORENCY
Nat: 30: Jan: 1810. Ob: 3 Mar: 1811.
ALBERICK GEOFFREY REYMOND de MONTMORENCY
Nat: 26: Sept: 1815. Ob: Mar: 1822.
LÆTITIA EMMA de MONTMORENCY
Nat: 29: Aug: 1803. Ob: 18: Oct: 1822.
WILLIAM RYVES HERVEY de MONTMORENCY
Nat: 4: Jun: 1813. Ob: 5: Mai: 1823.
Tibi dilectissimae Lætitiæ:
Vobis dulcissimis natis:
Conjux et pater mœrens,
Pro pietate posuit.
- [S33] Burke's Peerage and Gentry Website, (http://www.burkes-landed-gentry.com;), 107th edition, De Montmorency lineage (Reliability: 2).
- [S396] The Gentleman's Magazine, September 1821, p.283 (Reliability: 3).
Aug. 11. At Dublin, Laetitia, wife of Lieut.-col. R.H. De Montmorency, and sixth daughter of the late Rev. N.C. Proby, rector of Stratford St. Mary, and of Tuddenham in Suffolk.
- [S443] Will, Narcissus Charles Proby, (written on 10 October 1800, with three codicils written on 20 September 1802, 24 September 1802 and 10 November 1804, and proved in the Prerogative Court of Canterbury on 26 Jan 1805, registered copy;), PROB 11/1419.
- [S195] International Genealogical Index, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, (www.familysearch.org;), marriage of Narcissus Charles Proby and Arabella Weller, 6 Aug 1770, Stoke, Nayland, Suffolk (extracted from registers) (Reliability: 3).
- [S195] International Genealogical Index, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, (www.familysearch.org;), marriage of Redmond Morres and Laetitia Proby, 8 Oct 1801, Stratford St Mary, Suffolk (extracted from registers) (Reliability: 3).