- [S25] Certified Copy of an Entry of Birth, General Register Office.
Registration District: Brighthelmston; 1837 Birth in the Sub-district of Palace Brighthelmston in the County of Sussex; No.16; September 26, 54 Union Lane; James; Son; Father: Stephen Lansdell; Mother: Mary Anne Appleford; Occupation of father: Gilder; Informant: Stephen Lansdell, Gilder, 54 Union Lane, Father of the Child; Registered September 29
- [S334] Marriage Certificate.
1862. Marriage solemnized at St John's Church in the Town of Tunbridge Wells in the County of Kent; No.53; Augt 30; James Lansdell; 24; Bachelor; Carver & Gilder; Residence: St Pancras, London; Father: Stephen Lansdell, Carver & Gilder; and Hannah Finch Green; 20; Spinster; Residence: Tunbridge Wells; Father: James Green, Bricklayer; by banns by Thos W Weston; signed by bride and groom in the presence of Martin Skinner, Eliza Lansdell, Agnes Goldsmith
- [S205] FreeBMD, (www.freebmd.org.uk;), death registration of James Lansdell, 65, Pancras 1b 54, December quarter 1902 (Reliability: 3).
- [S120] Certified Copy of an Entry of Death, General Register Office.
Registration District: Brighthelmston. 1849 Death in the Sub-district of Brighthelmstone in the County of Sussex. No.468; Second of January 1849, 36 Bedford Square; John Lansdell; Male; 76 years; Gentleman; Cause of death: Bronchitis Certified; Informant: Stephen Lansdell, Present at Death, 49 East Street, Brighton; Registered Eighth of January 1849; George Smith, Registrar
- [S108] 1901 Census Returns of England and Wales, General Register Office, (31 March 1901;), RG 13., RG 13/143 f.6 p.4 (Reliability: 3).
8 Eversholt St, St Pancras, London
James Lansden, Head, M, 62, Retired Decorator, Sussex Brighton
Anna Lansden, Wife, M, 59, Theatrical Charwoman, Tunbridge Wells
- [S104] 1871 Census Returns of England and Wales, General Register Office, (2 April 1871;), RG 10/223 f.78 p.35 (Reliability: 3).
157 Seymour St., Somers Town, Mary-le-bone, St. Pancras
James Landsdale, Head, Mar, 30, Decorator, Sussex Brighton
Hannah Landsdale, Wife, Mar, 26, Kent Tunbridge Wells
James Landsdale, Son, Unm, 6, Scholar, Middlesex London
Percy Landsdale, Son, Unm, 3, Scholar, Middlesex London
Florence Landsdale, Daur, Unm, 2, Middlesex London
- [S105] 1881 Census Returns of England and Wales, General Register Office, (3 April 1881;), RG 11., RG 11/206 f.102 p.5 (Reliability: 3).
Stable Adjoining Crowndale House, London [next to Crowndale Rd/King St]
James Lansdell, Head, M, 40, London, Middlesex, Gilder & Decor
Hannah Lansdell, Wife, M, 34, London, Middlesex
James Lansdell, Son, 15, London, Middlesex, Decorator
Percy Lansdell, Son, 13, London, Middlesex, Scholar
Florence Lansdell, Daur, 10, London, Middlesex, Scholar
Zozovirr Lansdell, Son, 8, London, Middlesex
- [S107] 1891 Census Returns of England and Wales, General Register Office, (5 April 1891;), RG 12/126 f.9 p.9 (Reliability: 3).
35 Eversholt St, St. Pancras, London
Lansdell James, Head, M, 46, Decorater, Bri hton
Lansdell James S, Son, S, 22, Shopman, London Kentish Town
Lansdell Hannah F, Wife, M , 41, Kent
Lansdell Florence, Dau, S, 19, Shop asst, London Kentis Town
Lansdell Gordon, Son, S, 16, Shop asst, London Kentish Town
- [S250] Information from Jacqueline Pollard, email dated 15 April 2004, citing index to 1851 census for Brighton (Reliability: 2).
49 East Street, Brighton
Stephen Lansdell - Head - married age 42 - Carver & Gilder born Brighton
Sarah J - wife age 24 - born Brighton
Stephen - son age 16 - Carver & Gilder born Brighton
James - son age 13 - Carver & Gilder Apprentice - born Brighton
Phillip - son age 6 months - born Brighton