- [S293] Information from Vyvyan Jones, email dated 13 June 2005 (Reliability: 2).
John Lansdell married Mary Earl on 1st June 1793 in Brighton and had the
George bap 22 2 1795 Countess of Huntingdon North Street Brighton
Mary b. 12 2 1797 and bap 26 3 1797 Countess of Huntingdon
Charlotte b. 12 7 1799 and bap 20 10 1799 St Nicholas Brighton
John b. 16 9 1801 and bap 6 12 1801 St Nicholas Brighton
James bap 26 2 1804 St Nicholas Brighton
Edward b.1 3 1806 Salem Baptist Chapel Bond Street Brighton
Stephen b. 4 8 1808 Salem Baptist Chapel
- [S120] Certified Copy of an Entry of Death, General Register Office.
Registration District: Brighthelmston. 1849 Death in the Sub-district of Brighthelmstone in the County of Sussex. No.468; Second of January 1849, 36 Bedford Square; John Lansdell; Male; 76 years; Gentleman; Cause of death: Bronchitis Certified; Informant: Stephen Lansdell, Present at Death, 49 East Street, Brighton; Registered Eighth of January 1849; George Smith, Registrar
- [S28] British Isles Vital Records Index, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, (Second Edition, 2001;), marriage of Stephen Lansdell, age 48, son of John Lansdell, and Sarah Ann Weston, age 43, daughter of John Edmeades, 9 Sep 1856, Brighton, Sussex, St Nicholas (Reliability: 2).
- [S2] Archived case of research into Lansdell family of Brighton, Sussex, Achievements of Canterbury, (http://www.achievements.co.uk;), baptism on 16 Dec 1832 of Stephen Lansdell, an adult, s/o John, gilder, and Mary (late Earl, deceased), born 4 Aug, Brighton Union Street Independent chapel (Reliability: 2).
- [S2] Archived case of research into Lansdell family of Brighton, Sussex, Achievements of Canterbury, (http://www.achievements.co.uk;), baptism on 14 Dec 1834 of Stephen Lansdell, s/o Stephen, gilder, Union Place, and Mary Ann (late Lansdell, widow) born 28 Aug (Reliability: 2).
- [S25] Certified Copy of an Entry of Birth, General Register Office.
Registration District: Brighthelmston; 1837 Birth in the Sub-district of Palace Brighthelmston in the County of Sussex; No.16; September 26, 54 Union Lane; James; Son; Father: Stephen Lansdell; Mother: Mary Anne Appleford; Occupation of father: Gilder; Informant: Stephen Lansdell, Gilder, 54 Union Lane, Father of the Child; Registered September 29
- [S250] Information from Jacqueline Pollard, email dated 15 April 2004, citing index to 1851 census for Brighton (Reliability: 2).
49 East Street, Brighton
Stephen Lansdell - Head - married age 42 - Carver & Gilder born Brighton
Sarah J - wife age 24 - born Brighton
Stephen - son age 16 - Carver & Gilder born Brighton
James - son age 13 - Carver & Gilder Apprentice - born Brighton
Phillip - son age 6 months - born Brighton
- [S334] Marriage Certificate.
1862. Marriage solemnized at St John's Church in the Town of Tunbridge Wells in the County of Kent; No.53; Augt 30; James Lansdell; 24; Bachelor; Carver & Gilder; Residence: St Pancras, London; Father: Stephen Lansdell, Carver & Gilder; and Hannah Finch Green; 20; Spinster; Residence: Tunbridge Wells; Father: James Green, Bricklayer; by banns by Thos W Weston; signed by bride and groom in the presence of Martin Skinner, Eliza Lansdell, Agnes Goldsmith
- [S385] Sussex Marriage Index 1538-1837, Sussex Family History Group, (2004;), marriage of John Lansdell, bach gilder nonconformist, and Mary Earl, sp botp (B), Brighton, Sussex, 1 Jun 1793 (Reliability: 2).
- [S205] FreeBMD, (www.freebmd.org.uk;), marriages of Stephen Lansdell and Sarah Jane Knight share reference Strand 1 295, March quarter 1849 (Reliability: 2).