- [S318] Churchyard Monumental Inscriptions - Rolvenden, Kent, Leland L Duncan, (Kent Archaeological Society (http://www.kentarchaeology.org.uk/Research/Libr/MIs/MIsRolvenden/01.htm);).
James TAPPLY died 24 November 1816 aged 57. Left issue by Hester his first wife one son, James-Gillbee and by Hannah his second wife Edward-Lansdell, John, William and Henry. Henry Tapply died 16 May 1827 aged 19. John died 3 January 1833 aged 29. Leaving issue by Mary Ann his wife Edward Baker, Ellen, Mary Ann and John Bridgland. Hannah Tapply wife of above James Tapply died 26 June 1858 aged 84.
- [S102] 1851 Census Returns of England and Wales, Home Office, (30 March 1851;), HO 107/1630 f.226 pp.18-19 (Reliability: 3).
54 High St, Ramsgate
Edward L Tapply, Head, Mar, 49, Linen Draper (Master Emp 3 Men), Kent Folkstone
Harriet Tapply, Wife, Mar, 40, Kent Tenterden
Harriet S. Tapply, Daug, 11, Kent Ramsgate
Charlotte S. Tapply, Daug, 4, Kent Ramsgate
Charles H Tapply, Son, 2, Kent Ramsgate
Frances S. Sheather, Niece, U, 19, Visitor, Kent Margate
William Moore, Servant, U, 19, Assistant, Dorsetshire Pool
Fredrick Peete, Appe, 17, Kent Margate
Albert Hudson, Servant, U, 19, Assistant, Kent Wingham
Harriet Lewis, Servant, U, 33, House Servant, Kent Boughton
Sophia Gardner, Servant, U, 24, House Servant, Kent Broadstairs
Jane Read, Servant, U, 19, House Servant, Kent Ramsgate
Charlotte Fagg, Visitor, Mar, 42, Farmers Wife, Kent Tenterden
- [S103] 1861 Census Returns of England and Wales, General Register Office, (7 April 1861;), RG 9., RG 9/536 f.122 p.12 (Reliability: 3).
54 & 55 High St, Ramsgate
Edward L Tapply, Head, Mar, 58, Linendraper employing 7 Assistants, Kent Folkstone
Harriet Tapply, Wife, Mar, 40, Kent Tenterden
Harriet S Tapply, Daur, Un, 21, Kent Ramsgate
Charlotte E Tapply, Daur, Un, 14, Scholar, Kent Ramsgate
Charles H Tapply, Son, Un, 12, Scholar, Kent Ramsgate
George Lowles, Assistt, Un, 25, Assistt Draper, Kent Goudhurst
John E Strickland, Assistt, Un, 22, Assistt Draper, Cambridge Morden
Edward A Small, Assistt, Un, 22, Assistt Draper, Kent Bethersden
Edward Smith, Appre, Un, 18, Apprentice, Kent Faversham
John G Braham, Appe, Un, 14, Apprentice, Norfolk Hadleigh
Mary Rickman, Assistt, Un, 29, Milliner, Kent Dover
Frances E Colson, Assistt, Un, 20, Milliner, Middlesex London
Sophia J Garner, Servt, Un, 33, Cook, Broadstairs Kent
Fanny Rye, Servt, Un, 24, Housemaid, Kent Preston nr Wingham
Ann Adams, Servt, Un, 16, Under Housemaid, Kent St Lawrence Thanet
- [S195] International Genealogical Index, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, (www.familysearch.org;), baptism of Edw Landell Taply, son of Jas Taply and Han, 28 Jul 1802, Folkestone, Kent (extracted from registers) (Reliability: 2).
- [S101] 1841 Census Returns of England and Wales, Home Office, (6 June 1841;), HO 107/469/1 f.10 p.13 (Reliability: 3).
High Street, Ramsgate
Edward Tapply, 35, Linen Draper, Y
Harriot Tapply, 25, Y
Edward Tapply, 4, Y
William Tapply, 3, Y
Harriot Tapply, 1, Y
James Mills, 20, Linen Draper Shop m, Y
Alfred Bentley, 15, Linen Draper Ap, Y
Henry Jury, 15, Linen Draper Ap, Y
Mary Langtre, 25, F.S., Y
Frances Norris, 25, F.S., Y
Caroline Laurence, 15, F.S., Y
- [S205] FreeBMD, (www.freebmd.org.uk;), death registration of Edward Landsdell Tapply, 78, Maidstone 2a 419, March quarter 1881 (Reliability: 3).
- [S306] Parish Registers - Volumes 1 & 2, The Kent Family History Society, (KFHS CD-ROM 02/07 (Revision 1), including Benenden (C 1558-1906, M 1578-1836, B 1710-1906), Cranbrook (C 1559-1812), Faversham (C 1620-1801, M 1558-1812, B 1620-1773), Rolvenden (C 1568-1899, M 1558-1836), Smarden (C 1563-1812, M 1559-1837, B 1539-1812), Tenterden St Mildred (C 1544-1860, M 1597-1915) and Tenterden Presbyterian (C 1736-1837);), death notice, Faversham Mercury , Edward Lansdell Tapply, 78y, 26 Feb 1881 (Reliability: 2).
- [S325] Lansdell, Abbott & Nelson Genealogical Data, K.L. Watson, (1988;), Lansdell Genealogical Tree: The Families of Kent, Sussex and South London, including reference to emigrants to Canada and the USA, data compiled 1958-1970 (Reliability: 2).
- [S304] Parish Registers - Vol 3, Incorporating the Mary Wigan Transcripts, The Kent Family History Society, (KFHS CD-ROM 12, including Benenden (C 1558-1906, M 1578-1836, B 1558-1906), Cranbrook (C 1559-1812, M 1559-1837, B 1559-1812) and Rolvenden (C 1558-1840, M 1558-1840, B 1558-1840);), marriage of James Tapley, widr of Northiam, & Hannah Lansdell, otp, L (Reliability: 2).
- [S194] FamilySearch EASy data (Extraction Administration System), The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, (www.familysearch.org;), marriage of Edward Lansdell Tapply and Harriet Streather, 16 Jul 1833, St George, Ramsgate, Kent (Reliability: 2).