- [S31] A Genealogical and Heraldic Dictionary of the Peerage and Baronetage of the British Empire, Sir Bernard Burke, (London: Harrison, 1865, scanned original pages on www.ancestry.co.uk, 2004;), pp.946-947 (Reliability: 2).
- [S122] Debrett's Peerage and Baronetage, (Debrett's Peerage Limited and Macmillan Publishers Ltd, 2000, retrieved from http://www.xreferplus.com;).
- [S104] 1871 Census Returns of England and Wales, General Register Office, (2 April 1871;), RG 10/102 f.5 p.1 (Reliability: 3).
2 Chapel Street, Hanover Square
Seymour W D Damar, Head, M, 38, Leiutenant in Dorset Yeomanry, Brighton Sussex
Harriet L D Damar, Wife, M, 40, Marylebone Middlesex
Elizabeth A Bucknell, Cook, Unm, 32, Cook & Housekeeper, Wells Somerset
Jane Hillyer, Maid, Widow, 39, Lady's Maid, Taunton Somerset
Alice Brett, Servant, Unm, 21, Kitchen Maid, Brouckmayne Dorset
Charles Miller, Servant, Unm, 24, Footman, Chiley Sussex
- [S369] Plantagenet Roll of the Blood Royal Being A Complete Table of All the Descendants Now Living of Edward III, King of England, Melville Henry Massue, Marquis de Ruvigny et Raineval (1868-1921), (London: T.C. & E. C. Jack, 1905-11, scanned original pages on www.ancestry.co.uk, 2002;), p.139 (Reliability: 2).
- [S205] FreeBMD, (www.freebmd.org.uk;), death registration of Lionel S W Dawson-damer Earl of portarlington / Lionel Seymour W D Damer (Earl of Portarlington) / Lionel S W D D (Earl of) Porta_lington, 60, Christchurch 2b 422, December quarter 1892 (Reliability: 3).
- [S205] FreeBMD, (www.freebmd.org.uk;), marriages of Lionel Seymour William Dawson Damer and Harriet Lydia Montagu share reference St Geo H Sq 1a 364, June quarter 1855 (Reliability: 3).