- [S31] A Genealogical and Heraldic Dictionary of the Peerage and Baronetage of the British Empire, Sir Bernard Burke, (London: Harrison, 1865, scanned original pages on www.ancestry.co.uk, 2004;), pp.946-947 (Reliability: 2).
- [S122] Debrett's Peerage and Baronetage, (Debrett's Peerage Limited and Macmillan Publishers Ltd, 2000, retrieved from http://www.xreferplus.com;).
- [S366] The Peerage of the British Empire as at present existing, Edmund Lodge, (25th ed., London 1856 (available on books.google.co.uk);), p.466 (Reliability: 2).
- [S102] 1851 Census Returns of England and Wales, Home Office, (30 March 1851;), HO 107/1714 f.614 pp.6-7 (Reliability: 3).
Hazlewood, Abbots Langley
Henry Lord Rokeby, Head, Mar, 52, Col. in the Guards, St Marylebone London
Magdalane Lady Rokeby, Wife, Mar, 49, St Marylebone London
Mary Montague, Daur, U, 22, Lisbon Portugal British Subject
Harriett L Montague, Daur, U, 21, Middx St Marylebone
Magdalane Montague, Daur, U, 19, Middx St Marylebone
Elizabeth Montague, Daur, 11, Scholar at Home, Middx St Marylebone
Madame Eyrick, Governess, Mar, 43, Governess to Daughter, Germany
Rafaello Amato, House Steward, Mar, 51, Maitre de Hotel & Cook, Naples
Eleanor Amato, Wife, Mar, 45, Housekeeper, Oldly Leicester
Loucerne Amato, Daur of House Steward, 7, Scholar, Midd'x St Marylebone
Sarah Marniun?, Servant, Widow, 29, Ladymaid, Surry St Geo the Martyr Southwark
Maria F Eymico, Servant, U, 54, Ladymaid, Spain Tolosa
Ann Jones, Servant, U, 20, Scullerymaid, Oxford Chipping Norton
Emma Wheble, Servant, U, 20, Schoolroommaid, Middx St Marylebone
Lucy Ouvery, Servant, U, 29, Housemaid, Middx Kensington
Thomas Riggs, Servant, Mar, 36, Groom of the Chambers, Dorset Frackington
Decimus Burbirdge, Servant, Mar, 38, Under Butler, Leicester Bosworth
James Melsom, Servant, Mar, 32, Soldiers Servant, Wilts Churting Melford
James Gibson, Servant, Un, 24, Soldiers Batman, Forfar Scotland
Cecilia Reynolds, Servant, U, 24, Kitchenmaid, Devon Exeter
Emily Sawyer, Servant, U, 24, Under Housemaid, Gloucester Tulnahum?
Jane McCarterey, Servant, U, 34, Laundrymaid, Ayrshire Old Cunmock
Maria Graves, Servant, U, 27, Laundrymaid, Notts Lutton
John R Franklin, Servant, Mar, 45, Coachman, Middx Marylebone
Thomas Ambrose, Servant, U, 30, Helper (Groom), Herts A Langley
Alfred Almond, Servant, U, 27, Helper (Groom), Essex Great Bently
Benjamin Earle, Servant, Mar, 26, Carter, Surrey Headley
Fanny Earle, Servant, Mar, 25, Carters Wife, Berks Loudwater
- [S104] 1871 Census Returns of England and Wales, General Register Office, (2 April 1871;), RG 10/102 f.5 p.1 (Reliability: 3).
2 Chapel Street, Hanover Square
Seymour W D Damar, Head, M, 38, Leiutenant in Dorset Yeomanry, Brighton Sussex
Harriet L D Damar, Wife, M, 40, Marylebone Middlesex
Elizabeth A Bucknell, Cook, Unm, 32, Cook & Housekeeper, Wells Somerset
Jane Hillyer, Maid, Widow, 39, Lady's Maid, Taunton Somerset
Alice Brett, Servant, Unm, 21, Kitchen Maid, Brouckmayne Dorset
Charles Miller, Servant, Unm, 24, Footman, Chiley Sussex
- [S369] Plantagenet Roll of the Blood Royal Being A Complete Table of All the Descendants Now Living of Edward III, King of England, Melville Henry Massue, Marquis de Ruvigny et Raineval (1868-1921), (London: T.C. & E. C. Jack, 1905-11, scanned original pages on www.ancestry.co.uk, 2002;), p.139 (Reliability: 2).
- [S205] FreeBMD, (www.freebmd.org.uk;), death registration of Harriet Lydia Dawson-Damer (Countess of Portarlington), 65, Eton 3a 358, December quarter 1894 (Reliability: 3).
- [S9] London, England, Marriages and Banns, 1754-1921, Ancestry.com, (online database linked to digital images of records from the London Metropolitan Archives and Guildhall Library, 2009;).
MARRIAGES solemnized in the Parish of ST. MARY-LE-BONE, in the County of MIDDLESEX, in the Year One Thousand Eight Hundred and Twenty-six.
Henry Montagu Esquire of this Parish Bachelor and Magdalen Croft of this Parish Widow were married in this Church by Licence this Eighteenth Day of December in the Year One thousand eight hundred and twenty-six, By me H? Spry? Rector. This Marriage was solemnized between us Henry Montagu Magdalen Croft In the Presence of Thomas Huxley, J.N. Fazakerley. No.606
- [S205] FreeBMD, (www.freebmd.org.uk;), marriages of Lionel Seymour William Dawson Damer and Harriet Lydia Montagu share reference St Geo H Sq 1a 364, June quarter 1855 (Reliability: 3).