- [S23] County genealogies : pedigrees of the families of the county of Kent, collected from the heraldic visitations and other authentic manuscripts in the British Museum, and in the possession of private individuals, and from the information of the present resident families, William Berry (1774-1851), (London : Sherwood, Gilbert and Piper, 1830;), pp.46-47 (Reliability: 2).
- [S439] Will of John Stringer, (written on 9 June 1747 and proved in the Prerogative Court of Canterbury on 3 February 1747/48, registered copy;), PROB 11/760.
- [S304] Parish Registers - Vol 3, Incorporating the Mary Wigan Transcripts, The Kent Family History Society, (KFHS CD-ROM 12, including Benenden (C 1558-1906, M 1578-1836, B 1558-1906), Cranbrook (C 1559-1812, M 1559-1837, B 1559-1812) and Rolvenden (C 1558-1840, M 1558-1840, B 1558-1840);), burial of Charlotte Henry, 75, 19 Feb 1816, Rolvenden (Reliability: 3).
- [S6] London, England, Baptisms, Marriages & Burials 1538-1812, Ancestry.com, (online database linked to digital images of records from the London Metropolitan Archives and Guildhall Library, 2010;), Births & Baptisms 1740 Stringer x Charlotte of John & Mary, Augst. 25, Sepr. 8. (Reliability: 3).
- [S26] Boyd's Marriage Index, (www.britishorigins.com;), marriage of Jn Stringer and Mary Weller, Westminster (St Mary le Strand), Middlesex, 1728 (Reliability: 2).
- [S9] London, England, Marriages and Banns, 1754-1921, Ancestry.com, (online database linked to digital images of records from the London Metropolitan Archives and Guildhall Library, 2009;).
John Henry Esquire of the Parish of St. Martin in ye Fields in the County of Middlesex, Bachelor and Charlotte Stringer Spinster of the Parish of St. Dunstan Stepney a Minor were Married in this Church by Licence this Eighth Day of October in the Year One Thousand Seven Hundred and Sixty by me Jas. Hogarth Curate
This Marriage was solemnized between Us John Henry, Charlotte Stringer
In the Presence of Nichs Weller, George Ball