- [S104] 1871 Census Returns of England and Wales, General Register Office, (2 April 1871;), RG 10/1592 f.131 p.3 (Reliability: 3).
James Potter, Head, Mar, 74, Pauper, Cambs Castle Camps
Susan Potter, Wife, Mar, 68, Pauper, Cambs Shudy Camps
- [S80] Shudy Camps, Cambridgeshire - Transcript of Parish Register, CA/R44., baptism of Susan Free, dau of William and Mary (Reliability: 3).
- [S102] 1851 Census Returns of England and Wales, Home Office, (30 March 1851;).
- [S55] Castle Camps, Cambridgeshire - Transcript of Parish Register, marriage of William Free [x] widr & Mary Kiddey [x] sp botp, wits: Thos Free [x], Thos Brown (Reliability: 3).
- [S277] Information from Pam Cooper, Descendancy report of Richard and Mary Potter dated 2 April 1999 (Reliability: 3).