- [S103] 1861 Census Returns of England and Wales, General Register Office, (7 April 1861;), RG 9., RG 9/473 f.? p.18 (Reliability: 3).
Turnpike House, Meopham
Samuel Hilder, Head, Un, 50, Toll Collector Umbrella Repairer [last two words crossed through] & Jobbing Tin Smith, Sussex Salehurst
Hannah Hilder, Mother, W, 75, Sussex Beckly
- [S205] FreeBMD, (www.freebmd.org.uk;), death registration of Samuel Hilder, 66, Tunbridge 2a 329, December quarter 1876 (Reliability: 3).
- [S104] 1871 Census Returns of England and Wales, General Register Office, (2 April 1871;), RG 10/936 f.15 p.21 (Reliability: 3).
1 Ashby Cottages, Pembury
Samuel Hilder, Head, Unm, 60, Tin Plate Worker, Sussex Salehurst
Peter Hilder, Lodger, Unm, 49, Agr Lbr, Sussex Crowhurst
- [S101] 1841 Census Returns of England and Wales, Home Office, (6 June 1841;), HO 107/1108 f.25 p.5 (Reliability: 3).
Samuel Hilder, 30, Y
Emily Hilder, 19, Y
Peter Hilder, 15, Y
Mary Hilder, 15, Y
Hannah Hilder, 12, Y
/Harriett Laurence, 15, FS, Y
Aron? Brett [m], 15, MS, Y
- [S349] National Probate Index, Probate Registry, https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk., 1876, p.304 (Reliability: 3).
HILDER Samuel. Effects under £200. 28 December. The Will of Samuel Hilder late of Pembury in the County of Kent Tin-plate Worker who died 14 November 1876 at Pembury was proved at the Principal Registry by Albert Eaton of Pembury Blacksmith Charles Gillingham of Tunbridge Wells in the said County Commission Agent and James Truckle of Tunbridge Wells Plumber and Painter the Executors.
- [S386] Vol. XXV, Calendar of Sussex Marriage Licences recorded in the Consistory Court of the Bishop of Chichester for the Archdeaconry of Lewes, and in the Peculiar Court of the Archbishop of Canterbury for the Deanery of South Malling, 1772-1837, A-L, Sussex Record Society, (1917;), HILDER, Thomas, of Salehurst, yeoman, bachelor, aged 27 and upds., & Hannah HILDER of same, spinster, aged 21 and upds.: bondsmen, said T.H. and John Cruttenden of Brightling, butcher. 20 Nov. 1804 [Lewes] (Reliability: 3).
- [S393] Salehurst, Sussex - Transcript of Parish Register, C W Field (transcription) & C V Appleton (index), marriage of Thomas Hilder & Hannah Hilder, by licence, 29 Nov 1804, witnessed by James Ades and John Heathfield (Reliability: 3).