- [S108] 1901 Census Returns of England and Wales, General Register Office, (31 March 1901;), RG 13., RG 13/4334 f.66 p.4 (Reliability: 3).
High Green, Wortley, York, Ecclesiastical Parish: Chapeltown, Hamlet: High Green (4 rooms)
Geo Selman, Head, M, 31, Colliery Blacksmith, Worker, Yorks Hoyland
E.W. Selman, Wife, M, 31, Yorks Hoyland
Gladys Selman, Daur, 3, Yorks Blacker Hill
Doris Selman, Daur, 13 Months, Yorks Blacker Hill
- [S109] 1911 Census Returns of England and Wales, General Register Office, (2 April 1911;), RG 14., RG 14/27631 s.137 (Reliability: 3).
Signature: John Albert Wordsworth
Postal Address: 62, Wentworth Rd, Blacker, Barnsly (6 rooms)
Sarah Ann Wordsworth, Head, 58, Widow, 40 years married, 8 children, 6 children still alive, 2 children died [all figures struck through], Grocer & Draper, Yorks, Silkstone
John Albert Wordsworth, Son, 32, Single, Assisting in the Business, Yorks, Worsboro'
Gladys Selman, Granddaughter, 13, Assisting in the Business, Yorks, Worsboro'
- [S205] FreeBMD, (www.freebmd.org.uk;), birth of Gladys Lemurray Selman, Sep Q 1897, Barnsley 9c 286 (Reliability: 3).
- [S112] Civil Registration Death Indexes 1837-, General Register Office, death registration of Gladys Lemurray Bamforth, born 26 JE 1897, Barnsley 3 0096, March quarter 1978 (Reliability: 3).
- [S205] FreeBMD, (www.freebmd.org.uk;), marriage registration of George Selman & Emma Watson Wordsworth, Barnsley 9c 273, March quarter 1897 (Reliability: 4).
- [S113] Civil Registration Marriage Indexes, General Register Office, (1837-;), marriage of Gladys Le M. Selman to Bamforth, Barnsley 9c 562, September quarter 1929 (Reliability: 3).