- [S104] 1871 Census Returns of England and Wales, General Register Office, (2 April 1871;), RG 10/1700 f.47 p.5 (Reliability: 3).
Duck End, Finchingfield
Joshue Broyd, Head, Mar, 26, Agr Laborer, Essex Finchingfield
Emma Broyd, Wife, Mar, 26, Plaiter, Essex Finchingfield
William Broyd, Son, 5, Scholar, Essex Finchingfield
Archebald Broyd, Son, 2, Essex Finchingfield
S.E. Broyd, Dau, 5m, Essex Finchingfield
Hannah Mumford, Lodger, Widow, 76, Annuitant [struck through] Straw Plaiter, Essex Gt Bardfield
- [S156] Finchingfield, Essex - Parish Registers, baptism of Archibald John, son of Joshua & Emma Broad, F, Labourer, 9 August 1868 (Reliability: 3).
- [S156] Finchingfield, Essex - Parish Registers.
marriage by banns of Joshua Broad, 21, Bachelor, Labourer, Finchingfield, father: John Broad, Labourer; & Emma Townsend, 21, Spinster, Finchingfield, father: Charles Townsend, Labourer; both made their mark; witnessed by Alfred Chapman (x) and Harriet Broad
- [S205] FreeBMD, (www.freebmd.org.uk;), marriages of Archibald John Broyd and Sarah Harriett J Davis share reference Bethnal Green 1c 578, December quarter 1887 (Reliability: 3).
- [S205] FreeBMD, (www.freebmd.org.uk;), marriages of Archibald John Broyd and Sarah Ann Moody share reference Edmonton 3a 968, June quarter 1907 (Reliability: 3).