- [S47] Balsham, Cambridgeshire - Transcript of Parish Register (1558-1950), (Cambridgeshire Family History Society, CD-ROM CD/PR/044 (2008);), CA/R16., marriage of William George Smith, 23 bac Pte Royal Fusiliers of Whittington Mold N Wales son of Robert collier, & Nellie Ada Broyd 22 sp otp dau of John deceased, wits: Henry Inman, Abel William Earl, 6 Jan 1917 (Reliability: 3).
- [S108] 1901 Census Returns of England and Wales, General Register Office, (31 March 1901;), RG 13., RG 13/1737 f.77 p.11 (Reliability: 3).
Spring Hall, Gt Wratting, West Suffolk (4 rooms)
John Broyd, Head, M, 40, Blacksmith, Worker, Finchingfield
Sarah Broyd, Wife, M, 40, Stambourne
Arthur Broyd, Son, S, 17, Horseman on Farm, Worker, Finchingfield
William Broyd, Son, S, 15, Stable lad (Groom), Worker, Finchingfield
Fredk Broyd, Son, S, 13, Cow boy on Farm, Worker, Finchingfield
Percy Broyd, Son, 10, Cornishallend
John Broyd, Son, 8, Cornishallend
Nellie Broyd, Daur, 6, Steeple Bumpstead
Frank Broyd, Son, 4, Steeple Bumpstead
Gladys Broyd, Daur, 9 mo, Suffolk Gt Wratting
- [S205] FreeBMD, (www.freebmd.org.uk;), birth of Ada Nellie Broyd, Risbridge 4a 753, March quarter 1895 (Reliability: 2).
- [S112] Civil Registration Death Indexes 1837-, General Register Office, death registration of Nellie Ada Smith, born 29 DE 1894, Holywell 8A 3079, March quarter 1974 (Reliability: 2).
- [S334] Marriage Certificate.
5th August 1882, Parish Church, Finchingfield, Essex, after banns, marriage of John Broad, age 22, Bachelor, Labourer, Finchingfield, son of William Broad, Labourer, and Sarah Prayle [sic], age 22, Spinster, Finchingfield [no father's name given]. Bride and groom signed with a mark. The marriage was witnessed by Sarah Wiffen (who also signed with a mark) and Wm Coates