- [S325] Lansdell, Abbott & Nelson Genealogical Data, K.L. Watson, (1988;), Lansdell Genealogical Tree: The Families of Kent, Sussex and South London, including reference to emigrants to Canada and the USA, data compiled 1958-1970 (Reliability: 2).
- [S120] Certified Copy of an Entry of Death, General Register Office.
Registration District: Brighthelmston. 1849 Death in the Sub-district of Brighthelmstone in the County of Sussex. No.468; Second of January 1849, 36 Bedford Square; John Lansdell; Male; 76 years; Gentleman; Cause of death: Bronchitis Certified; Informant: Stephen Lansdell, Present at Death, 49 East Street, Brighton; Registered Eighth of January 1849; George Smith, Registrar
- [S293] Information from Vyvyan Jones, email dated 13 June 2005 (Reliability: 3).
Citing 1841 census:
11 Richmond Place Brighton 1121 04 54
John Lansdell 68 Cabinet M. Surrey
Jane Lansdell 19 y
Charlotte Lansdell 16 y
Robert Radaleston(?) 23 Engineer Bath
- [S195] International Genealogical Index, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, (www.familysearch.org;), baptism of John, of George Landsdell and Hester, 1772 (extracted) (Reliability: 2).
- [S2] Archived case of research into Lansdell family of Brighton, Sussex, Achievements of Canterbury, (http://www.achievements.co.uk;), baptism on 3 Sep 1828 of James Lansdell, s/o John, gilder, and Mary (deceased, late Earl) born Dec 1804, a week before or after Christmas, Brighton Union Street Independent chapel (Reliability: 2).
- [S2] Archived case of research into Lansdell family of Brighton, Sussex, Achievements of Canterbury, (http://www.achievements.co.uk;), baptism on 16 Dec 1832 of Stephen Lansdell, an adult, s/o John, gilder, and Mary (late Earl, deceased), born 4 Aug, Brighton Union Street Independent chapel (Reliability: 2).
- [S9] London, England, Marriages and Banns, 1754-1921, Ancestry.com, (online database linked to digital images of records from the London Metropolitan Archives and Guildhall Library, 2009;).
1844. Marriage solemnized at the Parish Church in the Parish of Hackney in the County of Middlesex. No. 89. May 31st. John Lansdell, full age, Widower, Cabinet Maker, Mare Street, father: George Lansdell, Schoolmaster; & Ann Earl, full age, Spinster, Mare Street, Henry Earl, Carpenter. Married in the Parish Church according to the Rites and Ceremonies of the Established Church, after Banns, by me, Alexr Gordon. This Marriage was solemnized between us, John Lansdell Ann Earl x her mark, in the Presence of us, William Atherfold, Wm Daniell.
- [S436] Will, John Lansdell, (written on 6 September 1848 and proved in the Prerogative Court of Canterbury on 7 February 1849, registered copy;), PROB 11/1592 (PRO-Online Image Reference 483).
- [S304] Parish Registers - Vol 3, Incorporating the Mary Wigan Transcripts, The Kent Family History Society, (KFHS CD-ROM 12, including Benenden (C 1558-1906, M 1578-1836, B 1558-1906), Cranbrook (C 1559-1812, M 1559-1837, B 1559-1812) and Rolvenden (C 1558-1840, M 1558-1840, B 1558-1840);), marriage of George Lansdell, of Dorking Sry, to Hester Busbridge, otp, witnessed by Mry Igglesden and Jn Busbridge (Reliability: 2).
- [S385] Sussex Marriage Index 1538-1837, Sussex Family History Group, (2004;), marriage of John Lansdell, bach gilder nonconformist, and Mary Earl, sp botp (B), Brighton, Sussex, 1 Jun 1793 (Reliability: 2).