- [S369] Plantagenet Roll of the Blood Royal Being A Complete Table of All the Descendants Now Living of Edward III, King of England, Melville Henry Massue, Marquis de Ruvigny et Raineval (1868-1921), (London: T.C. & E. C. Jack, 1905-11, scanned original pages on www.ancestry.co.uk, 2002;), The Clarence Volume - Supplement, p.573 (Reliability: 2).
- [S105] 1881 Census Returns of England and Wales, General Register Office, (3 April 1881;), RG 11., RG 11/2086 f.154 p.12 (Reliability: 3).
No Name, Shillingstone
Lachlan Forbes, Head, Mar:, 50, Major (Retired) Merchant Magistrate, Welwyn Hertfordshire
Julia Forbes, Wife, Mar:, 40, Artist in Water-Colours, Sedgehill Wiltshire
Barbara Forbes, Daughter, 9, Richmond Surrey
Hilda Forbes, Daughter, 7, Richmond Surrey
Beatrice Forbes, Daughter, 6, Wimbledon Surrey
Florence Forbes, Daughter, 3, Wimbledon Surrey
Charles Forbes, Son, 2, Wimbledon Surrey
Susan Lewis, Governess, Unm:, 44, Professor (Governess), Hampshire
Jane Wilds, Servant, Unm:, 20, Cook, Dorsetshire
Ann Winkleman, Servant, Unm:, 23, Parlourmaid, London
Harriet Hejorns, Servant, Unm:., 44, Nurse (Dom), Uxbridge Middlesex
Mary Dennis, Servant, Unm:, 18, Housemaid, Stour Dorset
Octava Chalet, Servant, Unm:, 19, Nursemaid, Paris France
- [S195] International Genealogical Index, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, (www.familysearch.org;), baptism of Lachlan Forbes, son of John Forbes & Elizabeth Mary, 17 Oct 1830, Welwyn, Hertford (extracted from registers) (Reliability: 2).
- [S205] FreeBMD, (www.freebmd.org.uk;), death registration of Lachlan Forbes, 65, Salisbury 5a 100, December quarter 1895 (Reliability: 3).
- [S205] FreeBMD, (www.freebmd.org.uk;), marriages of Lachlan Forbes and Julia Wyndham share reference Shaftesbury 5a 507, December quarter 1866 (Reliability: 3).