- [S310] Abstracts of Cranbrook Wills proved in the Diocesan Courts of Canterbury and now preserved in Kent Archives Office, Maidstone, Kent, 1396-1640, Jules de Launay, (Kent Record Collections/The Kent Archaeological Trust, 1984;), will no.445, proved on 15 July 1607 in the Archdeaconry Court of Canterbury, volume 59, folio 42 (Reliability: 3).
Will of Elizabeth WELLER. Written 28 February 1606/07, proved 15 July 1607. To be buried in the parish church of Cranbrook. Executor: my son Alexander Cowchman. Overseer: my brother William Weller, he to receive 10s for his pains. To my three daughters: Agnes Baseden, Elizabeth Couchman, and Catherine Dentwood, all the chests in the house where my son Richard Weller now dwells, with the money and goods within them. Also to my three daughters, all that is of mine in the house of my son Alexander Cowchman. To my said three daughters, £100 which my son Richard Weller owes me, and also £10 which my son Stephen Weller owes me. To my three daughters and to my son Richard, all my pewter, equally divided among them. To my son Richard Weller, all the wood-work household stuff that I have in his house, except the chests given away above. Also, to him a featherbed and its bedding, my carpet, my brand-irons in his parlor, two woollen coverlets. To my brother William Weller, a cloak. To my son Dence Weller, 10s. To my son Stephen Weller, 10s. To my son John Weller, 10s. To my son Alexander Weller, 10s. All the goods bequeathed to my daughter Catherine Denwood shall be sold and the cash given to her children after the decease of my daughter Catherine and her husband Francis Denwood. And similarly for the bequests to Elizabeth Cowchman and her husband Alexander Couchman, and for Agnes Baseden and her husband Thomas Baseden. Witnesses: John Weller Junior and Stephen Weller
- [S323] Weald of East Kent - Indexed Transcript of all baptisms recorded before 1601, Jules & Louise de Launay, (1985, microfiche;), KE/REG/53937., baptism of Elizabeth Weller, no parents' names given (23 Mar 1577/78) (Reliability: 2).
- [S418] Will of Alexander Weller 1596, Alexander Weller, (written on 16 June 1596 and proved in the Prerogative Court of Canterbury on 15 July 1596, registered copy;), PROB 11/88.
- [S304] Parish Registers - Vol 3, Incorporating the Mary Wigan Transcripts, The Kent Family History Society, (KFHS CD-ROM 12, including Benenden (C 1558-1906, M 1578-1836, B 1558-1906), Cranbrook (C 1559-1812, M 1559-1837, B 1559-1812) and Rolvenden (C 1558-1840, M 1558-1840, B 1558-1840);), marriage of Robert Rogers and Elizabeth Cushman wid, 26 Mar 1620, Cranbrook (Reliability: 2).
- [S304] Parish Registers - Vol 3, Incorporating the Mary Wigan Transcripts, The Kent Family History Society, (KFHS CD-ROM 12, including Benenden (C 1558-1906, M 1578-1836, B 1558-1906), Cranbrook (C 1559-1812, M 1559-1837, B 1559-1812) and Rolvenden (C 1558-1840, M 1558-1840, B 1558-1840);), burial of Elizabeth Rodgers, w Roland & d Alexander WELLER Clothier, 11 Dec 1655, Cranbrook (Reliability: 2).
- [S309] Transcript of the Parish Register of Cranbrook, Kent, marriage of Allexander Wellard & Elizabeth Dence (Reliability: 3).