- [S275] Information from Naomi Taylor, post on www.rootsweb.com, 5 November 2004 (Reliability: 1).
- [S108] 1901 Census Returns of England and Wales, General Register Office, (31 March 1901;), RG 13., RG 13/1737 f.77 p.11 (Reliability: 3).
Spring Hall, Gt Wratting, West Suffolk (4 rooms)
John Broyd, Head, M, 40, Blacksmith, Worker, Finchingfield
Sarah Broyd, Wife, M, 40, Stambourne
Arthur Broyd, Son, S, 17, Horseman on Farm, Worker, Finchingfield
William Broyd, Son, S, 15, Stable lad (Groom), Worker, Finchingfield
Fredk Broyd, Son, S, 13, Cow boy on Farm, Worker, Finchingfield
Percy Broyd, Son, 10, Cornishallend
John Broyd, Son, 8, Cornishallend
Nellie Broyd, Daur, 6, Steeple Bumpstead
Frank Broyd, Son, 4, Steeple Bumpstead
Gladys Broyd, Daur, 9 mo, Suffolk Gt Wratting
- [S205] FreeBMD, (www.freebmd.org.uk;), death registration of John Broyd, 68, Cambridge 4a 279, March quarter 1961.
- [S334] Marriage Certificate.
5th August 1882, Parish Church, Finchingfield, Essex, after banns, marriage of John Broad, age 22, Bachelor, Labourer, Finchingfield, son of William Broad, Labourer, and Sarah Prayle [sic], age 22, Spinster, Finchingfield [no father's name given]. Bride and groom signed with a mark. The marriage was witnessed by Sarah Wiffen (who also signed with a mark) and Wm Coates
- [S113] Civil Registration Marriage Indexes, General Register Office, (1837-;), marriage of John Broyd and Rose E. Rawlinson, Risbridge 4a 1727, June quarter 1912 (Reliability: 3).