- [S103] 1861 Census Returns of England and Wales, General Register Office, (7 April 1861;), RG 9., RG 9/3452 f.113 p.29 (Reliability: 3).
George Watson, head, Mar, 37, Colly underviewer, Yorks Silkstone
Emma Watson, wife, Mar, 37, Yorks Silkstone
Robert Watson, son, un, 14, Pupil Teacher, Yorks Silkstone
Thomas Watson, son, 11, horse driver in a C mine, Yorks Silkstone
Sarah A Watson, daur, 8, Scholar, Yorks Silkstone
John A Watson, son, 6, Scholar, Yorks Worsbrough
Henry G Watson, son, 4, Scholar, Yorks Worsbrough
Frederick Watson, son, 1, Yorks Worsbrough
- [S102] 1851 Census Returns of England and Wales, Home Office, (30 March 1851;), HO 107/2334 f.68 p.20 (Reliability: 3).
Schedule 80, 79, Silkstone
George Watson, Head, Mar, 27, Coal Miner, Yorkshire Silkstone
Emma Watson, Wife, Mar, 27, Yorkshire Oulton
Robert Watson, Son, 4, Scholar, Yorkshire Silkstone
Thomas Watson, Son, 1, Yorkshire Silkstone
Ann Watson, Sister, 8, Scholar, Yorkshire Silkstone
- [S108] 1901 Census Returns of England and Wales, General Register Office, (31 March 1901;), RG 13., RG 13/4320 f.92 p.38 (Reliability: 3).
6 Blacker Hill (Schoolmasters House), Wombwell, Yorkshire
Robert Watson, Head, M, 54, Schoolmaster Elementary, Yorks: Silkstone
Margaret Watson, Wife, M, 46, Isle of Man Port St Marys
Annie E. Watson, Daur, S, 26, Class Teacher, Yorks: Haworth
Maggie K. Watson, Daur, S, 22, Domestic Help, Scotland, Glasgow
Eniguetta[?] H. Watson, Daur, S, 7, Scholar [crossed through], Yorks Blacker Hill
- [S107] 1891 Census Returns of England and Wales, General Register Office, (5 April 1891;), RG 12/3778 f.92 p.20 (Reliability: 3).
4 Blacker Hill, Mona Cottage, Wombwell, York W.R.
Robert Watson, Head, M, 44, Elementary Board School Teacher, Employed, Yorkshire : Silkstone
Margaret Watson, Wife, M, 37, Isle of Man, Port St Mary
Annie E Watson, Daur, S, 16, Dressmaker's Apprentice, Employed, Yorkshire : Haworth
Bertram M Watson, Son, 14, Monitor at Board School, Scotland : Glasgow
Catherine M Watson, Daur, 12, Scholar, Scotland : Glasgow
Ethel Watson, Niece, 7, Scholar, Yorkshire : Cottingham
- [S104] 1871 Census Returns of England and Wales, General Register Office, (2 April 1871;), RG 10/4829 f.124 p.11 (Reliability: 3).
Town Street, Alne
Robert Smith, Head, Mar, 53, Farmer & Potato Merchant, Yorkshire Alne
Mary Smith, Wife, Mar, 55, Farmers Wife, Yorkshire Appleton Roebuck
Robert Oldham, Serv, Unm, 39, Farm Servant, Yorkshire Ch Fenton
Robert Watson, Lodger, Unm, 24, Schoolmaster, Yorkshire Silkstone
- [S106] 1881 British Census and National Index, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, (1999 (CD-ROM), 2002 (Website - www.familysearch.org);), GRO Ref. Volume 644-10 Enumeration District 71 Page 11 (Reliability: 3).
5 Gladstone Place, Barony, Lanark, Scotland
Robert Watson, Head, Married, 34, M, England, Stationer & Bookseller
Bertram M Watson, Son, 4, M, Glasgow, Lanark, Scotland
Marion McIntyre, Serv, Unmarried, 28, F, Tyree, Argyll, Scotland, Gen Serv Dom
- [S113] Civil Registration Marriage Indexes, General Register Office, (1837-;), marriages of George Watson and Emma Husband share reference Ecclesfield 22 137, December quarter 1845 (Reliability: 2).
- [S478] West Yorkshire, Marriages and Banns, 1813-1921, Ancestry.com, (www.ancestry.co.uk, 2011;).
1845. Marriage solemnized at the Parish Church in the Parish of Silkstone in the County of York. No.236. Novr 9th. George Watson, 22, Bachelor, Miner, Silkstone, father: Thomas Watson, Miner; & Emma Husband, 22, Spinster, Silkstone, father: Thomas Husband, Schoolmaster. Married in the Parish Church according to the Rites and Ceremonies of the Established Church after Banns by me, George Millett Vicar. This Marriage was solemnized between us, George Watson, Emma x Husband, in the Presence of us, James Smith, Rolce[?], John Thornley.