- [S55] Castle Camps, Cambridgeshire - Transcript of Parish Register, baptism on 6 June 1847 of Benjamin Belsham son of Benjamin & Hannah of Camps Green lab said to have been born 15 November 1831 (Reliability: 3).
- [S37] 1841 Census - Cambridgeshire & the Isle of Ely, Cambridgeshire Family History Society, (2002;), HO 107/66/6 f.12A (Reliability: 3).
Castle Camps, Cambridgeshire
Benjamin BELSHAM, 31, Thatcher, Y
Hannah BELSHAM, 29, Y
Alfred BELSHAM, 14, Y
Priscilla BELSHAM, 12, Y
Benjmin BELSHAM, 9, Y
John BELSHAM, 6, Y
Elizabeth BELSHAM, 4, Y
Charles BELSHAM, 2, Y
- [S359] Papers Past, National Library of New Zealand, (http://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz;), Daily Southern Cross, Volume XVIII, Issue 1672, 29 November 1862, Page 11 (Reliability: 3).
ARRIVAL OF THE 'SUSANNE' FROM THE CAPE OF GOOD HOPE.
The Hamburg brig, 'Susanne,' 255 tons, Capt. P.J. Moller, arrived here yesterday from Cape Town, Cape of Good Hope. She brings 84 immigrants, whose names and callings are appended. She left Table Bay on the 6th ultimo, and has been fifty days out. Strong N. and N.W. winds were experienced throughout the voyage. Ran down her easting in the parallel of 50deg south. The Three Kings were made on Friday at midnight; North Cape was passed the following day. No vessel was sighted during the voyage, until arrival at the Bay of Islands, where, on Sunday, she sighted and boarded the American whaler 'Roman,' 40 months out, wiht 2,900 barrels oil, and had at the time two large whales alongside. She is bound home. This is the first vessel arriving at this port direct from the Cape of Good Hope (war vessels excepted). She is in good trim, and is very roomy for her tonnage. Before leaving the ship an address was presented to the Captain, by the passengers, expressive of their high opinion of him, the ship, the officers, and crew, dwelling more particularly upon Captain Moller's kindness to the children and female passengers, during the voyage. She brings 316? boxes raisins and 100 casks Cape wine. She belongs to the well-known firm of J.C. Goddefroy and Sons, of Hamburg. After discharging her passengers and cargo she will proceed to Valaparaiso. Mr. Charles Petschler is agent.
...Benjamin Belsham, bricklayer; Mary Belsham; Eliza Smart;...
- "Daily Southern Cross," Nov. 26.
- [S55] Castle Camps, Cambridgeshire - Transcript of Parish Register, marriage of Benjamin Belsham [x] bac & Hannah Free [x] sp botp, wits: John Wells, Hannah Free [x] (Reliability: 3).
- [S195] International Genealogical Index, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, (www.familysearch.org;).