- [S103] 1861 Census Returns of England and Wales, General Register Office, (7 April 1861;), RG 9., RG 9/1030 ff.23-24 pp.8-9 (Reliability: 3).
Nine Chimnie Lane, Balsham
Joseph Parker, Head, Mar, 39, Ag Lab, Cambridge Balsham
Sarah Parker, Wife, Mar, 34, Essex Hadstock
Elizabeth Swan, Daur, 12, Scholar, Cambridge Linton
Emma Parker, Daur, 6, Scholar, Cambridge Balsham
James Parker, Son, 1, Cambridge Balsham
- [S171] Baptism register, 1813-1871, St Botolph, Hadstock, Essex, (D/P 17/1/5 - available online as digital images (SEAX);), D/P 17/1/5., image 15, p.23, no.184 (Reliability: 3).
Baptisms solemnized in the Parish of Hadstock in the County of Essex in the Year 1825 [and 1826]
1826, June 18th, Sarah the daur of James Swan & Hannah late Perry, Hadstock, Labourer, J A Carr Rectr.
- [S107] 1891 Census Returns of England and Wales, General Register Office, (5 April 1891;), RG 12/1291 f.17 p.6 (Reliability: 3).
High Street, Balsham (4 rooms)
Sarah Parker, Head, Wid, 64, Cambs Hadstock
Ethel Gamham [or Garnham], Boarder, 9, Scholar, Surrey Mitcham
Alice Williams, Boarder, 4, Scholar, Surrey Mitcham
- [S38] 1851 Census - Cambridgeshire and the Isle of Ely, Cambridgeshire Family History Society, (2002;), HO 107/1761 f.413A (Reliability: 3).
High St., Balsham
Sarah Parker, H, M, 24, Ag Lab's Wife, ESS Hadstock
Elizabeth Parker, D, U, 2, Dau, CAM Linton
- [S105] 1881 Census Returns of England and Wales, General Register Office, (3 April 1881;), RG 11., RG 11/1673 f.9 p.11 (Reliability: 3).
Docter's Row, Balsham
Joseph Thorogood, Head, Mar, 60, Ag / Laborer, Balsham / Cambs
Sarah Thorogood, Wife, Mar, 54, Hadstock / Essex
James Thorogood, Son, Unm, 20, Laborer, Balsham / Cambs
Charles Thorogood, Son, 15, Laborer, Balsham / Cambs
- [S195] International Genealogical Index, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, (www.familysearch.org;).
- [S101] 1841 Census Returns of England and Wales, Home Office, (6 June 1841;), HO 107/329/7 f.9 p.14 (Reliability: 3).
John Swan, 60, Carrier, Y
Fanny Swan, 58, No
Sarah Swan, 15, Y
- [S181] Register of marriages, 1813-1830, St Mary the Virgin, Saffron Walden, Essex, (Essex Record Office D/P 192/1/16 - available online as digital images (SEAX);), D/P 18/1/5., image 52, p.98, no.294 (Reliability: 3).
Marriages solemnized in the Parish of Saffron Walden in the County of Essex in the Year 1821
James Swan of this Parish Batchelor and Hannah Perry of this Parish Spinster were married in this Church by banns this first Day of Novr. in the Year One thousand eight hundred and twenty one By me Nicholas Bull Vicar
This Marriage was solemnized between us The mark of X James Swan, The mark of X Hannah Perry
In the Presence of Jo. Warren, Samuel Francis
- [S205] FreeBMD, (www.freebmd.org.uk;), marriages of Joseph Parker and Sarah Swan in December quarter 1850 share reference Linton 14 161 (Reliability: 3).