- [S105] 1881 Census Returns of England and Wales, General Register Office, (3 April 1881;), RG 11., RG 11/2032 f.20 p.5 (Reliability: 3).
Bowden Hill Vicarage, Lacock
George L. Elliott, Head, Mar, 32, Vicar of Bowden Hill Chippn, Surrey Streatham Common
Constance M Elliott, Wife, Mar, 24, Middlesex Paddington
Edith S.M. Elliott, Daur, 3, Surrey Newington
Jane Warting, Serv, W, 56, Cook, Suffolk Newmarket
Esther Warting, Serv, Unm, 25, Nurse, Middlesex S Giles
Catharine Richards, Serv, Unm, 25, Parlour Maid, Cornwall Penzance
- [S417] Who Was Who, (A & C Black, 1920-2008; online edn, Oxford University Press, Dec 2007;), BOWKER, Sir (Reginald) James (Reliability: 3).
- [S111] Civil Registration Birth Indexes, General Register Office, (1837-;), birth registration of Edith Sophy M Elliott, Lambeth 1d 455, September quarter 1877 (Reliability: 2).
- [S109] 1911 Census Returns of England and Wales, General Register Office, (2 April 1911;), RG 14., RG 14/6324 sched.75 (Reliability: 3).
Signed: F.J. Bowker (Major)
Postal address: Forton House - Longparish Hants (14 rooms)
Francis J. Bowker, Head, 42, Married, Major, retired, in H.M. Army, Sussex Crawley
Edith Bowker, Wife, 33, Married, 13 years, 2 children born, 2 still living, London
Frances Burfield, Visiter, 59, Single, Private Means, Sussex Hastings
Mary Arnold, Servant, 52, Widow, 1 child born, 1 died, Cook (Domestic), Somerset Bath
Mary Goater, Servant, 22, Single, Parlour maid (Domestic), Hants Woodmancote
Florence Baker, Servant, 24, Single, Housemaid (Domestic), London
Ellen Withers, Servant, 16, Single, Under Housemaid (Domestic), Hants Bullington
- [S9] London, England, Marriages and Banns, 1754-1921, Ancestry.com, (online database linked to digital images of records from the London Metropolitan Archives and Guildhall Library, 2009;).
1876. Marriage solemnized at the 'All Saints' Church in the Parish of Paddington in the County of Middlesex. No.183. July 17th 1876. George Luther Elliott, Full, Bachelor, Clerk in Holy Orders, Parish of St James Kensington County of Surrey, father: George Percy Elliott, Metropolitan Police Magistrate (deceased); & Constance Mary Elmslie, Minor, Spinster, 25 Norfolk Square Paddington, father: James Augustus Elmslie, Esquire (deceased). Married in the 'All Saints' Church according to the Rites and Ceremonies of the Established Church, after banns by me, J. Maconechy Vicar. This Marriage was solemnized between us, George Luther Elliott, Constance Mary Elmslie, in the Presence of us, Augustus Frederick Elmslie, Beatrice Caroline Elmslie, Elizabeth Elliott.