- [S205] FreeBMD, (www.freebmd.org.uk;), birth registration of William Gower, Barnsley 9c 135, September quarter 1863 (Reliability: 3).
- [S105] 1881 Census Returns of England and Wales, General Register Office, (3 April 1881;), RG 11., RG 11/4606 f.96 p.13 (Reliability: 3).
46 Park Street, Wombwell
Samuel Gower, Head, Mar, 45, Chemist & Druggist, Yorks Wombwell
Charlotte Gower, Wife, Mar, 40, Yorks Hooton Roberts
William Gower, Son, Unmar, 17, Colliery Weighman, Yorks Wombwell
Arthur Gower, Son, Unmar, 7, Yorks Wombwell
Ann Gower, Mother, Widow, 80, Yorks Loughton
- [S205] FreeBMD, (www.freebmd.org.uk;), death registration of William Gower, 34, Barnsley 9c 139, March quarter 1898 (Reliability: 3).
- [S349] National Probate Index, Probate Registry, https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk., 1898, p.228 (Reliability: 3).
GOWER William of Park-street Wombwell Yorkshire gentleman died 5 January 1898 Administration Wakefield 24 February to Arthur Gower gentleman Effects £853 15s.
- [S205] FreeBMD, (www.freebmd.org.uk;), marriages of Samuel Gower and Charlotte Hough share reference Strand 1b 649, June quarter 1862 (Reliability: 2).