- [S194] FamilySearch EASy data (Extraction Administration System), The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, (www.familysearch.org;), baptism of John Staines, son of Thomas & Frances Staines, St Mary Bredman, Canterbury, Kent, 30 Apr 1809 (Reliability: 2).
- [S7] London, England, Births and Baptisms, 1813-1906, Ancestry.com, (online database linked to digital images of records from the London Metropolitan Archives and Guildhall Library, 2009;), Westminster, St Marylebone Christ Church, 1832, p.25, image 57, no.199 (Reliability: 3).
Baptisms solemnized in Christ Church, in the Parish of St. Mary-le-Bone, in the County of Middlesex, in the Year One Thousand, Eight Hundred and Thirty-two.
April 9th, Agnes Louisa Dr of John & Agnes Staines, 26 Crews[?] Street, Bricklayer, M.Hutching M.A., [born] 8 Feby 1832
- [S102] 1851 Census Returns of England and Wales, Home Office, (30 March 1851;), HO 107/1624 f.134 p.8 (Reliability: 3).
Knotts Lane, Saint Mary Northgate, Canterbury
John Stains, Head, Mar, 42, Victualler and Bricklayer, Kent Canterbury
Agnes Stains, Wife, Mar, 40, Kent Canterbury
Robert Stains, Son, U, 20, Tin Man, Kent Canterbury
Agnes Stains, Daur, U, 19, Kent Canterbury
Ann Stains, Daur, U, 17, Kent Canterbury
John Stains, Son, 15, Kent Canterbury
Richard Stains, Son, 14, Kent Canterbury
Louisa Stains, Daur, 10, Kent Canterbury
Sophia Stains, Daur, 8, Kent Canterbury
William Stains, Son, 6, Kent Canterbury
Eliza Stains, Daur, 4, Kent Canterbury
Nelson Stains, Son, 2, Kent Canterbury
William Eastwood, Lodger, U, 47, Pauper formerly a Gardner cripple, Kent Canterbury
- [S305] Parish Registers - Vol 6, The Kent Family History Society, (KFHS CD-ROM 19, including Bridge (C 1560-1956, M 1561-1837, Bn 1754-1972, B 1560-1952), Deal St Geo (C 1781-1822, B 1737-1911), Headcorn (C 1560-1899, M 1560-1904, B 1560-1903), and Staplehurst (C 1538-1902, M 1538-1883, B 1558-1812);), Sturry Marriages, 24 Nov 1789, Staines, Thomas, Ba, Sturry, Wood, Frances (X), Sp, Sturry, B, Wm Marsh, Richard Staines (Reliability: 2).
- [S194] FamilySearch EASy data (Extraction Administration System), The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, (www.familysearch.org;), marriage of John Staines and Agnes Brown, 26 Sep 1830, Canterbury, Kent (Reliability: 2).