- [S316] Monumental Inscriptions in the Church at New Romney, Kent, (Kent Archaeological Society (http://www.kentarchaeology.org.uk/Research/Libr/MIs/MIsNewRomney/01.htm);).
In the South Chancel...
352. Mural tablet John WALKER being??? only surviving son of John Walker Esquire by Ann his first wife daughter of Edward and Susannah Bacheler / died February 18 1857 aged 83. He was Mayor of this town and port 9 times. Harriet his wife youngest daughter of Edward and Mary Dering died April 27 1825 aged 45. They had issue 4 sons and 1 daughter John Dering, Edward Dering, Henry Bacheler, William Dering, and Charlotte Elizabeth. John Dering Walker died 31 May 1830 aged 26. Charlotte Elizabeth wife of George Bassett Jones died 15 February 1854 aged 39 Their remains are interred in the churchyard. ?az 3 mural crowns or arg a ??? ???
353. Mural John Dering WALKER JP only son of William Dering and Catherine Walker born at New Romney November 3 1847 died at Ivychurch January 2 1902 aged 54. This tablet also the tombstone in the churchyard were erected by public subscription in appreciation of the untiring and valuable services rendered by him to the district as – county councillor, Chairman of the Board of Guardians and Rural District Councillor Bailiff of Romney Marsh and Councillor of this borough.
- [S102] 1851 Census Returns of England and Wales, Home Office, (30 March 1851;), HO 107/1634 f.91 p.12 (Reliability: 3).
William D Walker, Head, Mar, 39, Farmer of 400 Acres employing 40[?] Labourers, Kent, New Romney
Catherine Walker, Wife, Mar, 42, Kent, Lydd
Harriet Walker, Daur, 6, Scholar, Kent, Lydd
John D Walker, Son, 3, Kent, New Romney
Phoebe Austen, Serv, U, 18, General Serv, Kent, Lydd
Elizabeth Apps, Serv, U, 16, General Serv, Kent, Lydd
Bennett Apps, Serv, U, 20, Agricultl Labour, Kent, Lydd
- [S113] Civil Registration Marriage Indexes, General Register Office, (1837-;), marriages of William Dering Walker and Catharine Green share reference Romney Marsh 5 557, December quarter 1838 (Reliability: 2).