- [S316] Monumental Inscriptions in the Church at New Romney, Kent, (Kent Archaeological Society (http://www.kentarchaeology.org.uk/Research/Libr/MIs/MIsNewRomney/01.htm);).
In the South Chancel...
352. Mural tablet John WALKER being??? only surviving son of John Walker Esquire by Ann his first wife daughter of Edward and Susannah Bacheler / died February 18 1857 aged 83. He was Mayor of this town and port 9 times. Harriet his wife youngest daughter of Edward and Mary Dering died April 27 1825 aged 45. They had issue 4 sons and 1 daughter John Dering, Edward Dering, Henry Bacheler, William Dering, and Charlotte Elizabeth. John Dering Walker died 31 May 1830 aged 26. Charlotte Elizabeth wife of George Bassett Jones died 15 February 1854 aged 39 Their remains are interred in the churchyard. ?az 3 mural crowns or arg a ??? ???
353. Mural John Dering WALKER JP only son of William Dering and Catherine Walker born at New Romney November 3 1847 died at Ivychurch January 2 1902 aged 54. This tablet also the tombstone in the churchyard were erected by public subscription in appreciation of the untiring and valuable services rendered by him to the district as – county councillor, Chairman of the Board of Guardians and Rural District Councillor Bailiff of Romney Marsh and Councillor of this borough.
- [S194] FamilySearch EASy data (Extraction Administration System), The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, (www.familysearch.org;), baptism of Edd. Dering Walker, son of John Walker and Harriet, 30 Jun 1806, New Romney, Kent (Reliability: 2).
- [S112] Civil Registration Death Indexes 1837-, General Register Office, death registration of Edward Dering Walker, Newton Abbot 5b 100, March quarter 1858 (Reliability: 3).
- [S396] The Gentleman's Magazine, April 1838, p.424 (Reliability: 3).
At Oxford, Edward Dering Walker, esq. of Reading, to Arabella Frances, only dau. of the late Rev. William Denison, Rector of Cublington.
- [S196] FamilySearch ODM data (Ordinance Data Management), The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, (www.familysearch.org;), marriage of Edward Dering Walker and Louisa Jane Morris, 18 Mar 1848, All Saints, Wandsworth, London (Reliability: 2).