- [S316] Monumental Inscriptions in the Church at New Romney, Kent, (Kent Archaeological Society (http://www.kentarchaeology.org.uk/Research/Libr/MIs/MIsNewRomney/01.htm);).
320. 2 wings charged with fleur de lys On a bend 3 fleur de lis between 3 ? chev engrali? erm between 3 ? trefoils Here lieth interred Susannah wife of Edward BACHELOR (daughter of Paul Loftie??? of Smeeth) who departed this life May ye 5 1755 aged 60 years. She left issue 6 children (viz) Elianour, Edward, Anna-Maria, Elisabeth, Ann and Margaret. Here also lieth the above first named Edward Bachelor who departed this life / September ye 17 1768 / aged 83 years. He was many years a Jurat of this corporation / the best of fathers / and a sincere friend /.
321. Here lieth interred ye body of Edward BACHELER Son of Edward Bacheler by Susanna his wife who departed this life / January ye 22 1768 aged 45 years / He was one of ye Jurats of this Corporation and once Mayor.
322. Here lieth the body of Jane daughter of Edward BACHELER by Susanna his wife. She died September ye 10 1743 aged 28 years. Near this place lie also eight more of their children viz 3 sons and 5 daughters. Also the remains of Anna Maria Reynolds daughter of Edward and Susanna Bacheler who departed this life the 3rd / of July 1786 aged 61 years /.
322a. Small stone. EB 1721
- [S195] International Genealogical Index, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, (www.familysearch.org;), marriage of Edward Batcheler and Susan Loftie, 13 May 1712, Saint George the Martyr, Kent (extracted from registers) (Reliability: 2).