- [S404] The Times, (London;), Friday, Apr 02, 1948; pg. 7; Issue 51035; col C (Reliability: 3).
CAPTAIN N. D. MARTIN AND MISS MCBEAN
The engagement is announced between Captain Nigel Damer Martin, Grenadier Guards, eldest son of the late Captain W. F. Martin and of Lady Christian Martin, of Came House, Dorchester, Dorset, and Brigid Anita, eldest daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Douglas McBean, of Lakers Lodge, Loxwood, Sussex.
- [S111] Civil Registration Birth Indexes, General Register Office, (1837-;), birth registration of Nigel D. Martin, Dawson-Damer, Dorchester 5a 529, December quarter 1920 (Reliability: 3).
- [S112] Civil Registration Death Indexes 1837-, General Register Office, death registration of Nigel Damer Martin, born 4 Aug 1920, Oct 1990, Weymouth 23 1001 (Reliability: 3).
- [S404] The Times, (London;), Monday, May 29, 1950; pg. 8; Issue 51703; col B (Reliability: 3).
The Queen (for whom Lady Christian Martin stood proxy) was godmother to the infant daughter of Mr. and Mrs. E. W. G. Joicey-Cecil, who was christened Elizabeth Anne by the Rev. W. T. Godber at St. Peter's, Came, Dorchester, on Saturday. The other godparents are Major Nigel Martin (for whom Mr. Joicey-Cecil stood proxy), and the Hon. Rose Talbot and Mrs. Henry Clowes (for whom Mrs. Bullivant and Mrs. Joicey-Cecil stood proxy).
- [S33] Burke's Peerage and Gentry Website, (http://www.burkes-landed-gentry.com;), Bowes-Lyon pedigree (Reliability: 2).
- [S113] Civil Registration Marriage Indexes, General Register Office, (1837-;), marriage of William F. Martin & Christian N. Bowes-Lyon, Uckfield 2b 399, June quarter 1919 (Reliability: 3).