- [S472] Tankersley, Yorkshire - Transcript of Parish Register 1598-1840, Transcribed, indexed and typed by Fred Hobson, (1981;), baptism of Joseph Kay s. Joseph & Mary, Pilley, lab, 5 Jan 1823 (Reliability: 3).
- [S104] 1871 Census Returns of England and Wales, General Register Office, (2 April 1871;), RG 10/4650 f.116 p.35 (Reliability: 3).
Joseph Kaye, Head, Mar, 48, Ironstone Miner, Yorks Tankersley
Eliza Kaye, Wife, Mar, 41, Yorks Wentworth
Joseph Kaye, Son, 13, Ironstone Miner, Yorks Hoyland
Albert Kaye, Son, 9, Yorks Hoyland
Sarah A Kaye, Daur, 6, Yorks Hoyland
Valentine S Kaye, Son, 2 Mo, Yorks Hoyland
- [S103] 1861 Census Returns of England and Wales, General Register Office, (7 April 1861;), RG 9., RG 9/3451 f.112 p.7 (Reliability: 3).
Private House, Hoyland Common, Hoyland Nether
Joseph Kay, Head, Mar, 38, Coal Miner, Yorkshire Pilley
Ann Kay, Wife, Mar, 25, Yorkshire Wicken
Emma Kay, Daur, 6, Yorkshire Hoyland
Joe Kay, Son, 3, Yorkshire Hoyland
Alfred Saunders, Boarder, Un, 21, Coal Miner, Yorkshire Wicken
- [S101] 1841 Census Returns of England and Wales, Home Office, (6 June 1841;), HO 107/1325/15 f.23 p.8 (Reliability: 3).
Joseph Kay, 55, Stone Getter, y
Mary Kay, 50, y
Joseph Kay, 15, y
James Kay, 15, y
Hannah Kay, 12, y
Thomas Kay, 8, y
Jane Ellis, 25, y
William Ellis, 5, y
- [S205] FreeBMD, (www.freebmd.org.uk;), marriages of Joseph Kay and Eliza Ogley share reference Wortley 9c 237, June quarter 1870 (Reliability: 2).